advice on which agency to use

Guest debs

Hi everyone,

sorry, its me again, just a quick question. We are looking to use an agency called Visa Bureau, who will be charging us around £1800.00 for their services for our family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children) on a 138 visa, is this a good price or can any of you recommend us another good agency - have seen Go Matilda floating around on this site - are they worth trying - and what sort of price do they charge? (have e-mailed them but haven't heard back yet).

Many many thanks for anyone who can help.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

We are using Concept Australia, their fees are around £1200 payable in 3 stages, I see you are in Essex like me and they are based in Kent and although everything is done by email we did go for an initial meeting with them, so it was not too far to go.

Cath

Hi Debbie,

We are using Concept Australia, their fees are around £1200 payable in 3 stages, I see you are in Essex like me and they are based in Kent and although everything is done by email we did go for an initial meeting with them, so it was not too far to go.

Cath

Hi cath i have just started looking into moving to oz could you tell me where in kent concept australia are and how you are getting on with them. many thanks fred

Hi Fred,

They are in Dartford. We went for an initial meeting with them where they gave us help with the TRA, they gave us another persons who had a different occupation as a guide which was a great help.

Everything else they email to you, all the forms etc.

The only problem I find with them is they are a small company and there could be a little wait while they look at your documents as they take them in turn as they come in, but they will not send them off until they are sure you will get a positive result, so worth a weeks extra wait in the end really. Also because you pay them in 3 parts you could just choose to have them help you with the skills assessment if you wish and do the rest on your own.

Worth every penny in my opinion. We have just passed our TRA and sent them all the rest of our documents for the main application they said that will be sent off next week.

Let me know if you want to know anything else and if you want their phone no.

Cath

Guest basiltherat

Hi everyone

We are just starting on the long journey. Fisrt dilema "Which agent" there are so many around. We have approached "The Emigration Group" paid a fee and received points score only? Which you can do online. (reply to Email pending). Now are considering "Go matilda" has anybody any advice ? We would like to use an agent but who to trust?

http://www.ianharrop.co.uk

Based in London & Burford,Oxon

We paid £1000 + vat, half when TRA went in and the other half when Visa application went in.

The guy there who deals with the skills assesments is ex TRA !!

The company are MARA registered.

Know lots off some other forums who also used them :)

Cal x

Hi Fred,

They are in Dartford. We went for an initial meeting with them where they gave us help with the TRA, they gave us another persons who had a different occupation as a guide which was a great help.

Everything else they email to you, all the forms etc.

The only problem I find with them is they are a small company and there could be a little wait while they look at your documents as they take them in turn as they come in, but they will not send them off until they are sure you will get a positive result, so worth a weeks extra wait in the end really. Also because you pay them in 3 parts you could just choose to have them help you with the skills assessment if you wish and do the rest on your own.

Worth every penny in my opinion. We have just passed our TRA and sent them all the rest of our documents for the main application they said that will be sent off next week.

Let me know if you want to know anything else and if you want their phone no.

Cath

Thanks Cath people on here are so helpfull, why do all the nice people want to leave england i wonder?

We have already found the phone number and after your description we will be ringing them this week. How long has the process taken so far and when do you expect an end result?

Guest basiltherat

Thanks for the contact Cal. I have just looked on the website. The fees are reasonable compared to others I have seen Just waiting for reply from The Emigration Group. And phone call with Gomatilda. Then will decide which way to go.

Good luck in Adelaide. We are hpoing to go for Perth but open minded as to where we could end up. Wherever there is work.

Thanks Cath people on here are so helpfull, why do all the nice people want to leave england i wonder?

We have already found the phone number and after your description we will be ringing them this week. How long has the process taken so far and when do you expect an end result?

Hi Fred, we first approached them in March, it took weeks to gather all the info for TRA and write it out so it didn't get sent off till 10th June, came back on 17th August.

Then we had to wait for a couple of weeks for work references, but hopefully they have everything they need now and if it goes off this week we should hopefully have an end result in the next 5-6 months.

Where are you hoping to go in Australia? we are going to Perth. Hope all goes well for you, if you need any help let me know.

Cath

Guest cooperjames

Hey

You should try Visa First . Their fees are approx 1,500 and they are quite fast. They also organise accomodation, jobs and bank accounts included

plus they're based in Oz, UK and Ireland.

http://www.visafirst.com

P.S Sorry for the punt but I appeciate that its an important decision and we have been doing it for thousands of people.

Guest BrerRabbit

:D Just to add my twopenneth - we're using ASA (http://www.australia-migration.com.au) - charging about the same as you're all talking about. They're based in Perth (Oz, not Scotland!), extremely helpful, prompt and we got our TRA first time - without them I don't think we could have done it our own - and we're not stupid! Got their own furum too whcih is very helpful adn full of free advice from the migration agents if you choose to do it yourself. check them out (I'm not on their payroll by the way!!)

Archived