$AU to £ GBP RATES

Georgiajoe

Hi,

we are looking at moving back to the UK at the end of November.

We are estimating that we will have around $50000 - 60k Au to transfer back to ££

ive been looking on all the money sites to see if it's better to send some back now or wait and see what happens with the Dollar.

a 2 cent move on the above amount is around £1000.

The banks are around .47 p - $1 and the money sites are around .50p -$1

Are there any money experts that could advise me on this.

Thank you in advance

Guest John from Moneycorp
Hi,

We are estimating that we will have around $50000 - 60k Au to transfer back to ££

ive been looking on all the money sites to see if it's better to send some back now or wait and see what happens with the Dollar.

Thank you in advance

Feel free to review the information on our page here - http://moneytransfer.pomsinoz.com/

You can register for a free account and then receive live quotes plus expert guidance on the best time to transfer your money.

You can private message me if you would like to chat further.

Thanks

John

No expert by any means but I would fully expect it to get to at least $2.20 to £1. With the positive economic news this end and the more negative in Australia there is only one way the dollar will go and that is down.

GBP is indeed on the way up, and AUD on the way down (probably), so if you're changing AUD to GBP then do it as soon as you can, IMO.

IN the near to mid term future (again, IMO) your AUD will be able to buy less GBP.

Hi,

Thank you in advance

You will get a better rate through a broker so certainly do that.

Obviously nobody knows what is going to happen in the future and rates will always bobble up and down form one day to the next, but I don't think waiting a year is going to achieve anything for you. I would have been moving this money over already as AUD has been weakening for a little while, as it is, I would be moving the money now. The AUD is returning to the long term historical averages after five years or so of an unusually strong AUD.

It does vary a lot throughout the day even. Using a broker you can choose a rate you would be happy with and they will trigger the deal then. We did this from UK I think the pound dipped in the middle of the night and we got the rate I asked for. The next morning it was back up. A few points difference adds up with large amounts. Good to do this if you are not in a rush for the funds.