You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

davidscott85

HNC Construction Managment, is it enough ?

Hello Everyone

I have 10 years in the building trade and at the age of 29 decided to go back to college to gain a Construction Management qualification. I aim to stay on and go to University but i am wondering if i could gain emplyment with just an HNC.

Any advice would be appreciated

Regards

David

Local experience is what is required in AU. The only qualification which counts is a BSc (Hons) degree in a building discipline however you still struggle given the lack of local building experience.

Can be frustrating.

S

Thames Migration appointed Jun 12 and 189 Visa granted Jan 13:wink:. Landed Sep 14 and roots being quickly established. Brisbane, what an amazing place with incredible opportunity.

My main aim is to get my HNC then head to University to get the degree and then i suppose i am just going to have to keep applying for jobs in Australia.

Regards

David

You will be very very lucky to get a job from overseas m8. There are a lot of experienced construction personnel here and as mentioned local experience is the key. Your 29. So 2 years HNC that should get you into year 2 of a degree depending on your grades then 2 years full time for degree. That's 4 years before your qualified. Then to get a skilled visa would be the next challenge as you will have no usable experience as they only count post qualification. Maybe have a free consultation with a migration agent to look at your options. Good luck

Edited by Mxmanus

IELTS 02/02/13 8 . VETASSESS submitted 17/04/13. Positive result 16/07/13. EOI 190 16/07/13. SA sponsorship applied 16/07/13.SA SS approved 23/08/13. Invite for 190 23/08/13. Visa applied 24/08/13. CO contact 28/10/13. Meds booked 08/11/13. PCC sent 29/10/13. PCC Up loaded 07/11/13. . VISA GRANT 23/04/14.