Sydney or Melbourne or Brisbane

misskayleigh

I'm hoping to fly out to Sydney around May/June 2016, spend a few weeks there, then make my way north for the Aus winter. I'm already excited if I had the money id be flying out tomorrow!

Ahh cool. Good plan. I'm the same haha it's only the money that's keeping me back! Can't wait.

I'm the same. Every time I think about refusing a double shift I think of the quokkas lol :laugh: I've got 2 little tiny little koala teddies. One person gave me one and I found the other in my room when I took a crappy seasonal job that came with accommodation. I took that as a sign but the job didn't work out lol. I'm going to start carrying them as motivation and I'll change my phone screensaver

Im heading there at the beginning of January :) around about the 4th. I'm so excited too!!! You staying in Sydney or travelling around?

I am beginning in Sydney but I'm looking to get a job for a few months first then travel with more pennies in my pocket, Shame your going to miss the New Years celebration in Sydney!! Have you booked your accom yet? I know they get filled up pretty quickly

I am beginning in Sydney but I'm looking to get a job for a few months first then travel with more pennies in my pocket, Shame your going to miss the New Years celebration in Sydney!! Have you booked your accom yet? I know they get filled up pretty quickly

My plan is to finish off next year with the NY celebrations in Sydney and fly back from there :). Not yet, I'm booking at the end of the month theres still a lot available around that time as everyone is leaving sydney around then lol

My plan is to finish off next year with the NY celebrations in Sydney and fly back from there :). Not yet, I'm booking at the end of the month theres still a lot available around that time as everyone is leaving sydney around then lol

I think the NY celebrations in Sydney is a MUST SEE! I say all of this but things could change when i get there! Yeh i think you should be fine for accommodation its only Christmas / new year period when places fill up quick!

B

I think the NY celebrations in Sydney is a MUST SEE! I say all of this but things could change when i get there! Yeh i think you should be fine for accommodation its only Christmas / new year period when places fill up quick!

B

I think so too, which is why I was orginally going on Christmas Day this year but there was hardly any accomodation left and what was left was not great and ridiculously expensive. So I thought it would be amazing to see the year out that way :-)

Haha i know the feeling, which is why I'm trying not to plan to much now :-)

I think so too, which is why I was orginally going on Christmas Day this year but there was hardly any accomodation left and what was left was not great and ridiculously expensive. So I thought it would be amazing to see the year out that way :-)

Haha i know the feeling, which is why I'm trying not to plan to much now :-)

You're right, seeing the year out there would be even better. I might do that if my new year plan doesn't work out. Then you can swoop on accommodation as it comes out lol

• 2 weeks later...
Hi arriving the 11th with my boyfriend.. so excited!!! Just need to get some more currency and I'm sorted.. what about you?

How much money are you looking to take with you? I wasn't going to take that much cash and open a bank account when i get there but I know they charge you for transferring from UK bank ? I've got a few things left to do but nearly ready.. Just need to get there, hate waiting! Haha

You can open up an account with nab before you head out. I have did mines already just have to go in with id and pick up my cards when i arrive. Im so excited to be in Sydney for new year. Been in Vancouver for the past two years and they dont do fireworks or make a big deal really for it so im excited for a proper new year miss my scottish hogmany's :laugh: