Anyone else arriving in September/October?

richard88uk

Hi everyone!

im new on this site and the dates you posted Richard are when I plan on heading out from Scotland. I'm a nurse but going solely on a tourist visa.

im keen to meet up with people for sure though as traveling on my own.

same as you guys unsure of where to start! Was thinking carins and working down the east coast?

Where in scotland are you from? I think I'm going to start in sydney

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summer up north is humid and hot, cyclones occur but they only last a few days and are hit and miss whether they will actually hit an area you are staying. There is only likely to be one major one per year. It's like a large thunder storm and high winds in the UK but once it's passed you have lovely hot weather. It's not all cyclones...

I love a good storm so I am looking forward to the Northern QLD weather. Most the newer houses (post 1983 or something) are built to withstand most cyclone's. There is always plenty of warning too.

Weather around Townsville where I am heading averaged around 35 degree's during Jan/Feb from what I could gather.

I love a good storm so I am looking forward to the Northern QLD weather. Most the newer houses (post 1983 or something) are built to withstand most cyclone's. There is always plenty of warning too.

Weather around Townsville where I am heading averaged around 35 degree's during Jan/Feb from what I could gather.

You're not the only one, very rarely get a real good storm where i am. Being sat in a little beach bar in Koh Phangan watching a massive storm across the sea was a great experience. average temp of 35c sounds good to me! lol... Dont think it will be anywhere near that when i arrive in Melbourne!

You're not the only one, very rarely get a real good storm where i am. Being sat in a little beach bar in Koh Phangan watching a massive storm across the sea was a great experience. average temp of 35c sounds good to me! lol... Dont think it will be anywhere near that when i arrive in Melbourne!

My best was strangely in Austria, I was camping in-between 3 large lakes near the mountains and one night it thundered for hours. It was so severe, we weren't allowed to our tents and had to sleep in the bar!

FWIW wet season in northern Qld is very humid and lots of rain! Obviously there isn't cyclones every day might get one or 2 in your area over the course of the season.

I was in Cairns from November - Feb. November and December was humid but mostly dry but jan and feb it rained heavily a lot. It didn't bother me that much but obviously it can be a pain when planning days out. You never quite get used to the humidity but it's just something you live with :P

FWIW wet season in northern Qld is very humid and lots of rain! Obviously there isn't cyclones every day might get one or 2 in your area over the course of the season.

I was in Cairns from November - Feb. November and December was humid but mostly dry but jan and feb it rained heavily a lot. It didn't bother me that much but obviously it can be a pain when planning days out. You never quite get used to the humidity but it's just something you live with :P

Yeah the humidity is the hard bit, heat i can deal with comfortably but when i was in Thailand last year it was the humidity i struggled a bit with. Especially at night! Rain doesn't bother me too much being from the UK lol

Yeah the humidity is the hard bit, heat i can deal with comfortably but when i was in Thailand last year it was the humidity i struggled a bit with. Especially at night! Rain doesn't bother me too much being from the UK lol

I would go up north at this time of year then...well the dry season is classed as april-october so the heat won't be as bad then!

Either way you'll have a good time though!