help for 457

DesirePR

Seniors Aspirants i need your kind help.i have a skilled assessment as a accountant in 2010 but due to domestic problems im unable to complete the further process.now my assessment expires in june 2015.i do IELTS & got 6 bands over all & only 5.5 in writing.so im unable to file a visa for 190.:nah:

now i submit EOI for 457 but there is no response on EOI.please advise me what to do now.any suggestion how to move for AUS as time is running down.should i submit any other EOI for any other visa class.

secondly what is TRN number how can i get it?

There is no point whatsoever in filing an EOI for a 457 visa unless you have an employer sponsor lined up. Your post suggests your English skills need further work (going off your IELTS score I mean) and if this is the case, the chances of you finding an employer sponsor are, in my opinion, zero. Accountants are expected to speak perfect English.

So you need to think about the 189 or 190 visa. Why haven't you applied for one of them so far, is it lack of points? Is that the issue, it is not clear to me why you have not applied despite having the positive skills assessment.

The positive is that if you got a positive skills assessment before, you probably can get another one.

thanks for your kind reply.yes of course for 189 i d'not have required band of IELTS(i.e 7 each).for 190 i have 5 points less than 60.

secondly may i d'not get positive skill assessment again because subjects required changes now,as i applied 5 yrz before.

so aspirants before expiration in june 15 what should i do now?

thanks for your kind reply.yes of course for 189 i d'not have required band of IELTS(i.e 7 each).for 190 i have 5 points less than 60.

secondly may i d'not get positive skill assessment again because subjects required changes now,as i applied 5 yrz before.

so aspirants before expiration in june 15 what should i do now?

It doesn't to me sound like there is much you can do other than work on your English and then work to top up your qualification. If you cannot meet the points requirement, there is nothing else for it.

Your assessment has already expired - DIBP now only accepts assessments up to 3 years old unless the assessment has an earlier expiry date.

You have no option but to work on getting your English points up and topping up your qualifications so that you can get a new positive skills assessment. The English scores required for a new skills assessment will give you the additional points you need for the points test.

There are now several additional acceptable English tests and you should try one of them rather than IELTS Academic. The accounting assessment authorities and DIBP now accept Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE), IELTS Academic, PTE Academic,and TOEFL iBT - I suggest PTE Academic as it appears to be a much fairer test than IELTS. I don't know anything about the other new ones.

Edited by Ozmaniac

i send mail to the assessment authorities,they replied my assessment will expire after 5 yrz(i.e june 15)as i applied under the old policy.so may i apply under any other visa class(e.g 457,187,489).i want to get in.

It doesn't matter what the skills authority said, it might have been true at the time. But immigration will only take them if they are less than 3 years old now.

You cannot apply for a 457 or 187 without an employer sponsor and that just is not going to happen, there are far too many accountants in Australia struggling for work right now.

So you need to do your skills assessment again, take IELTS again so you can apply for the 489, 189 or 190. There is nothing else for it.

how can i give pte academic,as i live in pakistan.so there is no test centre in pak.

secondly may i apply as a auditor rather than accountant for skill assessment,as there are number of accountants wandering in AUS.

I couldn't say if you could apply as an auditor as I don't know your background. Even if you got skills assessment as auditor, will you have the points?

I am not sure what you mean by "accountants wandering in Australia".

i am MBA & have 7 yrz experience of maintaining & managing of accounts in a private company.only hurdle is IELTS,as i have score 6 but 5.5 in writing,so i need to know any thing which help me to get a visa like regional,sponsored or nominated with this IELTS.

Accountants in AUS are in critical condition,as they dont find a relative job.

secondly i need 2 know how i will give he test of PTE academic in pakistan.i think they dont have any service for pakistanis but for indians & for other poor nationals e.g Zimbabwe.

i am MBA & have 7 yrz experience of maintaining & managing of accounts in a private company.only hurdle is IELTS,as i have score 6 but 5.5 in writing,so i need to know any thing which help me to get a visa like regional,sponsored or nominated with this IELTS.

Accountants in AUS are in critical condition,as they dont find a relative job.

secondly i need 2 know how i will give he test of PTE academic in pakistan.i think they dont have any service for pakistanis but for indians & for other poor nationals e.g Zimbabwe.

You cannot get any of the skilled migrant visas without functional English, a skills assessment and 60 points. If you got regional sponsorship that will help with the points, but there are other things you need to work on first like English. If your country does not do PTE then you can't do it, unless you go to another country that is. So you need to do one of the others. Note that accountants need to pass academic IELTS for skills assessment as well, you will have to see if they are accepting any alternatives.

To be honest though, you seem a long way off being able to pass advanced English and I think you need to forget about visas and skills assessments for time being and just focus on English classes.

please tell me what is reference number?when i start to submit the expression of interest it requires reference number.what is this n how can i take it?

This is a moot question. There is no point submitting an expression of interest as you do not have a skills assessment, functional English or enough points for a skilled migrant visa.

This is a moot question. There is no point submitting an expression of interest as you do not have a skills assessment, functional English or enough points for a skilled migrant visa.

i have positive skill assessment as a accountant.my worry is my assessment is going to expire in next month.& i have 55 points.no time for IELTS as few dayz left.

i have positive skill assessment as a accountant.my worry is my assessment is going to expire in next month.& i have 55 points.no time for IELTS as few dayz left.

You have already been told twice, your skills assessment only lasts three years. Even if it did last five years, which it doesn't, it will expire next month and as you ay not enough time to pass IELTS and accumulate enough points for a visa. So effectively, you do not have a skills assessment.

You need to start again with skills assessment and with English. I cannot keep saying this, so this is my last post on the thread.

From what you have posted:

Your existing skills assessment is of no use.

You can apply for another skills assessment without having evidence of your English language abilty, but you will need at least IELTS 6 on every sub test (or equivalent) and 60 points to lodge a visa application.

\May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent to develop a visa strategy?

As has been posted above, DIBP will not accept a skills assessment from 5 years ago. They will only accept skills assessments completed within 3 years of applying unless the assessment expires in a shorter time. You also need a successful IELTS result before you submit your EOI.

It is absolutely pointless to submit an EOI for a 457 visa as no employer will look in the EOI system for someone to sponsor, they receive a LOT of applications for their posted positions without needing to go looking for people. I posted a job for a temporary accountant position in October and received more than 150 applications, so that tells you how many out of work accountants there are looking for a job.