EOI Help Points dont add up!

Dean Coles

After going threw the process at the end it says i only have 45!

Yet adding up from the website i should get 60. Im 30 years old(30 points) i have passed my TRA in Bricklaying and got my cert 3(10points) i have been laying bricks for over 10 years (15 points) and laid over a year in Oz(5 points)

All this adds up to 60

I took the academic ielts test instead of general, failed the writing (6.0) as my spelling is terrible so im not too confident on the english test, just can't see why iv not got 60 or even 55 would be ok as NSW are taking brickies on State sponsored.

Has anybody else had this problem or can see what iv done wrong

Iv Checked the Qualification even changed the date to 1996 just too see what it does!!! Nothing... My employment history is out of sync by the odd week(but this is in between jobs when travelling oz), Could it be this? i.e finish one job on the 13/1/11 start next on 14/1/11 to keep it running threw??????

You've evidently completed the EOI incorrectly.

You would have done the age and probably the Australian work experience sections correctly but it sounds like something has gone wrong with the overseas work experience and/or the qualifications sections - that's where most people seem to have problems.

If your 10+ years of overseas work experience is all post-qualification and you're absolutely positive that you can claim 15 points for it, re-visit that section and check the dates you've entered. Anything pre-qualification should be marked as 'Not relevant'. If you were with the same employer pre- and post-qualification (e.g. during and after your apprenticeship), you'll need to separate that experience into two parts with only the claimable portion being marked 'Relevant'. If there's the slightest doubt about whether any of your experience is eligible, DON'T claim it - mark it as Not relevant. If you're not positive, consult a good RMA which will be MUCH less expensive that losing your VAC because you've overclaimed points.

For Qualifications, you should have answered Yes to the question 'Has the client completed or is currently enrolled in studies at secondary level or above?' and then selected your AQF (or Other qualification or award recognised by assessing authority) from the list of qualifications in order to get 10 points for qualifications.

If you check everything and are short of points, try doing the PTE Academic English test - don't let the 'academic' worry you, it's not at all like IELTS Academic. See the following threads describing other member's experiences with PTE vs IELTS.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/231707-ielts-v-s-pearson-test-english-academic-pte-academic-my-personal-findings.html#post1936733023

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/227823-any-one-done-pearsons-english-test-yet.html

I dont think its giving me the points for the trade cert . It says when i am confirming "The client's highest claimed qualification is BLANK SPACE" i hope it is this as i can't do the pte english course here(currently in New Zealand) Will Ring immi on monday and see if they can help me

What answers did you give in the Qualifications section?

And, I think you will be wasting your time asking immi. They're notorious for giving incorrect info over the phone here in Australia and I suspect that they'll be at least as bad if not worse in NZ.

Edited by Ozmaniac

I dont think its giving me the points for the trade cert . It says when i am confirming "The client's highest claimed qualification is BLANK SPACE" i hope it is this as i can't do the pte english course here(currently in New Zealand) Will Ring immi on monday and see if they can help me

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent to sort the issue for you?