Midwife moving to Melbourne...

chrissy79

Hi, looking for some general advice please. I'm a qualified midwife with ten yrs experience hoping to move to Melbourne in January with my family. Can anyone recommend which hospitals are the good ones in Melbourne for midwives? What salary could I expect, and lastly, which areas are the most suitable for raising a young family within commuting distance to the hospitals. Not asking for much then :smile:

If anyone can offer any advice that would be great xxx

Welcome to the forum, very difficult because you will need to have made a decision on a hospital and an area first. Melbourne has a population of four million plus people and is covers an area the size of Greater London.

The health sectors are Southern Health, Eastern Health, Barwon Health, Peninsula Health, Western Health etc and if you look at their sites it will give you the hospitals that come under each health district. There are major hospitals like, Royal Womens, Royal Melbourne, Alfred, Monash Medical Centre, and then a lot of other hospitals as well. So it will depend where you end up working.

Join up with the Life in Victoria forum as most of the members are already settled in Melbourne. There is a link at the foot of this forum.

Sites to look up are Public Transport, realestate.com.au these will help you with areas and prices.

Good luck