Skills Assessment - verifying docs

Dan Jade

Hi, I am just compiling all the documents together for my partners skilled assessment (Trade - Fitter)I understand that they need to be witnessed/ certified....I thought that a police officer could do this but now I have read that it needs to be somebody 'legal' I.E solicitor.....is this right? If so, what will they need to write to certify the documents? and will they need a stamp?Thank youDanielle

Trades are assessed by TRA and their guidelines say:

All documentation in support of an application must be certified copies of the original documents.

A certified copy is a true copy of an original document that has been sighted and certified by an acceptable person and annotated with:

I certify that I have sighted the original document and this is a true copy.

The certifier’s name, title, registration number (where applicable) and their signature and date must be included. Copies of signatures are not acceptable.

If a document has multiple pages, the first page must include the signature of the certifier, the date and the total number of pages of the document. The certifier must initial and date every page in the document.

Documents certified within Australia must be certified by a registered migration agent or by people who are listed in the Statutory Declarations Regulations 1993 as persons before whom a statutory declaration can be made. This list is available through the Australian Government’s Attorney-General’s Department website:

http://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/Pages/Statutorydeclarations.aspx

For documents certified outside Australia, certified copies are copies authorised, or stamped as being true copies of originals, by a person or agency recognised by the law of the country in which the applicant currently reside or by an Australian registered migration agent.

Hi, I am just compiling all the documents together for my partners skilled assessment (Trade - Fitter)I understand that they need to be witnessed/ certified....I thought that a police officer could do this but now I have read that it needs to be somebody 'legal' I.E solicitor.....is this right? If so, what will they need to write to certify the documents? and will they need a stamp?Thank youDanielle

Hi

When i did mine, i got my mate to sign, she's a nurse, and put her name on and nurse registration number. no stamp needed.

Good luck!

We've only just sent our docs back to TRA as we previously had them certified by a nurse but this was unacceptable to them. We had to get them certified by a notary public. This can be an expensive endeavour and its worthwhile phoning around a few places for quotes. Best of luck x

Iv just passed the tra, as a friend is a police officer, I made up a little bit of paper with the words, I (he's full name) he's address, police constable, phone number this is a certified true copy of original as sighted by me

Signature. Date

Then we scan documents put that bit of paper some were on doc so when it's scan it's got that on, then he just signed and dated each one