Documents to sell our car?

srg73

Can somebody please explain in simple terms what is required to sell our first car after receiving a company car. I'm just not sure I have all the documents and whether additional examinations of the car are required?Many thanks.Simon

• 3 weeks later...

If you are selling the car 'as is' you have to removed the plates, cancel rego and you do not have to have a roadworthy certificate. If you are selling your car with plates you have to have a roadworthy certificate and this must be displayed when you put the for sale sign on your car. A lot of people sell with plates and agree that the person buying the car will get the roadworthy, I would t advise this as it can end sour, if the car needs a lot of work they may chase you for money or they may wait til rego runs out but means fines, tolls and points will go in your name in the mean time. Cost for a roadworthy varies depending on the work you will need done but generally for a roady pass it will cost about $70, if you get a mobile roady so someone that comes to you it's usually $100 and transfer fee for rego will cost you $26.35. Let me know if you have any more questions. Zoe x

Thanks, so tell me if I'm right.Car is great and will be sold as a roadworthy car. So I need.1 to get it cleaned and serviced ( service due shortly so I will do that)2 roadworthy which I'm sure can be done whilst servicing.3 advertise and off she goes with transfer costing the $20 odd. I printed a form which I assume is for this?Correct?Thanks. S