victim of marriage fraud.

zmxncb

Two sides to every story.

So true. I personally know of a case that started out in a similar way to this but turned out to be too much of familial opinions being impressed on the wife and resulting in a change of heart and threatening to deport if he didn't act to their liking, whatever that means. Coincidentally, they happened to be an Indian family. Not implying anything about the OP but really need to hear from both sides.

Too easy to blame the guy in the relationship :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you have discussed what 1 billion Indians feel by talking individually to each of them?

Adrian Bailey,Sean Price and Vincent Stanford don't sound Indian to me.

I'm not sure how your point is related to the problem at hand. If you want to rant against Indians, there are other far right forums where you would feel more welcome.

Arthur,

While a comment or two were racist, you are dragging the whole thread into it. I am Asian myself, and a quick and easy litmus test to tell if a comment is racially driven rather than talking about a particular race is to substitute the race in question with something else and see if it still implies the same thing.

Arthur,

While a comment or two were racist, you are dragging the whole thread into it. I am Asian myself, and a quick and easy litmus test to tell if a comment is racially driven rather than talking about a particular race is to substitute the race in question with something else and see if it still implies the same thing.

That's what I did and you pretty much answered why I posted my comments in the first line of your post.

Lets forget about listening to the other side, but the response of some posters had such vitriol not matching the assumed crime.

Some posters were posting on what they would do to him if they come face to face, as if he is a stateless individual and no one would care. Assuming that he is a resident, it means that he is still an Indian Citizen.

And about my profile name, I'm ready to give it up if we give up using papers,compass and printing ( as Chinese invented it), Base 10 numerals, Yoga, Chess (as Indians invented it), written law as the Middle Eastern states invented it and science as the Greeks invented it.

Edited by ArthurPendragon

^^^^The above post seems bizarre (to me) to say the least.........the poster reminding me somewhat of the "wood borers" that surreptiously chew through the supposedly strong hardwood supports of Aussie piers...........The wood borers had a justified right to eat away at the pier because that's how nature created them...........Feck me..........I needed confirmation that I needed to stay away from PIO because I was developing something akin to road/race rage. A pillocky all encompassing "excusability" such as posted consitently by the abobe poster likely leads to............Something posted like this in another thread:

"Pakistani cleric claims women who wear jeans cause earthquakes and terrorism A PAKISTANI cleric has bizarrely claimed that women who wear jeans cause earthquakes and terrorism – and has called on the military to destroy them"

With no supporting text or anything resembling the context in which it was posted, or relevance to the OP, one has to wonder why the above was posted?.............I was seriously considering whether the benefits of this forum outweighed the negs.............atm...............all I can see (for me) is a seriously negative influence that I could well do without..............not that the pricks that post such diatribe (left or right.........hamas or Israeli as an example) could ever influence me neagtively, but how I see the negativity or how they may influence others does..........those "others" although I feel sorry for, I could just as easily paint them as black as those whom they are influenced by...........but I want to avoid that............so .............bye bye.......

JD, I wouldn't loose my sleep over comments on a forum. The internet is a weird place, people say stuff that they never would in real life. The lack of accountability is resulting in complete disregard, lack of sensitivity and just plain ignorance.

On more than one occasion, I've been on the negative end of racism in real life and I found that the #1 reason is generalization and gross ignorance. This is more common than one would think and is best ignored.

I don't know what caused Arthur to have such a strong and tangential reaction to some of the comments but I wouldn't take them personally. It's just another person expressing his/her opinion,however negative, on a open forum.

JD, I wouldn't loose my sleep over comments on a forum. The internet is a weird place, people say stuff that they never would in real life. The lack of accountability is resulting in complete disregard, lack of sensitivity and just plain ignorance.

On more than one occasion, I've been on the negative end of racism in real life and I found that the #1 reason is generalization and gross ignorance. This is more common than one would think and is best ignored.

I don't know what caused Arthur to have such a strong and tangential reaction to some of the comments but I wouldn't take them personally. It's just another person expressing his/her opinion,however negative, on a open forum.

The strong reaction were from others and I gave facts as answers. The one whom you are sorry for was just into personal and abusive attacks using the anonymity of internet and not me. This discussion is pointless as haters won't change and I won't stoop to personal abusive attacks as I have some ethics and I'm signing off from this forum. Its a waste of time for me and some poster will never change even when faced with facts.

Edited by ArthurPendragon