victim of marriage fraud.

zmxncb

My aunty married an Indian man 3 years ago. A few days ago, he finally got his PR in Australia. as soon as he got it, he left her, revealing to her that he never really loved her, was using her the whole time and fooled her and my whole family. We are the ones who supported him, wrote stat decs for him and even spoke for him in court to support him in obtaining his permanent residency, now we know the truth. We want to report him to immigration, but the problem is he and my aunt are over $100,000 in debt and if he gets sent back to India then she can't pay It on her own. what can we do In this situation?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My aunty married an Indian man 3 years ago. A few days ago, he finally got his PR in Australia. as soon as he got it, he left her, revealing to her that he never really loved her, was using her the whole time and fooled her and my whole family. We are the ones who supported him, wrote stat decs for him and even spoke for him in court to support him in obtaining his permanent residency, now we know the truth. We want to report him to immigration, but the problem is he and my aunt are over $100,000 in debt and if he gets sent back to India then she can't pay It on her own. what can we do In this situation?

Well I think you know the options because you have set them about above quite well. I am not sure what else there is to add.

They took out loans to buy a car and other things. owed to the bank. Think he planned it this way deliberately so we would be hesitant to report him.

So has he taken the car and other things?? Sorry if you don't want to divulge private matters..

your story sounds similar to a lady I know, but different circumstances. ...

This poor lady I worked with was in horrific circumstances...

She was helped...its difficult to open up, but, really if you want help, you need to give true and honest details.

He Is actually still living in their house at the moment, he doesn't have anywhere else to go and my aunt still loves him despite what he's done, they were married for 3 years and she was deceived that whole time, so It's hard for her to accept the reality and kick him out. They are living separately under the same roof. So the cars are still there.

He Is actually still living in their house at the moment, he doesn't have anywhere else to go and my aunt still loves him despite what he's done, they were married for 3 years and she was deceived that whole time, so It's hard for her to accept the reality and kick him out. They are living separately under the same roof. So the cars are still there.

So why don't they sell the cars to partly pay off the debt? Whilst she has been callously tricked regarding the visa, they both have to take responsibility for the bank loans if they are in joint names. In a way, the two issues need to be confronted separately, however as you pointed out, she would leave herself as the one being chased by debt should his visa be revoked.

Love is blind....

Looks likes he took a lot of people under his spell.

two ways of looking at this....keep quiet and take the loss.

Personally, I would gather all the info, see him done for fraud and get him deported.

you only did stac decs because he fooled you all.

Australia doesn't need or want people like him

Love is blind....

Looks likes he took a lot of people under his spell.

two ways of looking at this....keep quiet and take the loss.

Personally, I would gather all the info, see him done for fraud and get him deported.

you only did stac decs because he fooled you all.

Australia doesn't need or want people like him

I am overall included to agree with this. I would want him out as well had I been tricked.

But OP, she would need to act quickly, this isn't something she can think over for a while, because the longer it is left, the more he will be able to argue that a breakdown occurred after the visa was granted.

It might already be too late, he has PR. Chances of him being deported are slim I would have thought but she should report it asap nevertheless. Speak to a credit counselling agency - there are some in all states - and they will give good advice on what to do to protect herself as far as possible but I fear she has been taken for a ride and that's it.

So he has nowhere else to go?Tough!Your Aunty needs to toughen up!If a guy I was married to told me it was a façade?I would not want that guy anywhere near me.Your Aunty obviously has a higer tolerance level than I do!

I'd kick the guy out and then seek financial advice.I'd also report the guy,even though now he has PR,there is probably little the authorities can do?Be worth a try though!

So he has nowhere else to go?Tough!Your Aunty needs to toughen up!If a guy I was married to told me it was a façade?I would not want that guy anywhere near me.Your Aunty obviously has a higer tolerance level than I do!

I'd kick the guy out and then seek financial advice.I'd also report the guy,even though now he has PR,there is probably little the authorities can do?Be worth a try though!

Sounds good, but to physically "kick the guy out" might be a bit more difficult. Seeing as he's Indian he probably feels a mere female is below him anyway and if anyone is going to leave, push come to shove it might be her.

It might already be too late, he has PR. Chances of him being deported are slim I would have thought but she should report it asap nevertheless. Speak to a credit counselling agency - there are some in all states - and they will give good advice on what to do to protect herself as far as possible but I fear she has been taken for a ride and that's it.

Depends if there is proof that it was a sham marriage. If its just hearsay then I too would doubt DIBP could act, but if there is any proof in writng etc it could be a different matter. There was a case in the paper last week here, a huge marriage racket involving Indians and sham marriages. DIBP seem to be cracking down.

It makes my blood boil when good people go through all this hassle of visa's and are genuine, and then there is SCUM like this who just abuse the system and get away with it. I wouldn't be surprised if the they deported him as the Australian government are pretty ruthless...be the best outcome. Now all he is going do is try and get every one of his 50 family members visa's now from india and bring them over.... this is happening way too often and they need to stop it .I would love to come face to face with with this oxygen thief:realmad:

Edited by JarvisG

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds good, but to physically "kick the guy out" might be a bit more difficult. Seeing as he's Indian he probably feels a mere female is below him anyway and if anyone is going to leave, push come to shove it might be her.

So you have discussed what 1 billion Indians feel by talking individually to each of them?

Adrian Bailey,Sean Price and Vincent Stanford don't sound Indian to me.

I'm not sure how your point is related to the problem at hand. If you want to rant against Indians, there are other far right forums where you would feel more welcome.

It makes my blood boil when good people go through all this hassle of visa's and are genuine, and then there is SCUM like this who just abuse the system and get away with it. I wouldn't be surprised if the they deported him as the Australian government are pretty ruthless...be the best outcome. Now all he is going do is try and get every one of his 50 family members visa's now from india and bring them over.... this is happening way too often and they need to stop it .I would love to come face to face with with this oxygen thief:realmad:

So all Indians bring their 50 family members here and the rest of the world just migrates as bachelors? Indians have the same visa rule as others. If you don't have any valid points to make, then desist from making them. So are you threatening physical assault against someone on a public forum when you say you want to come face to face with hi

Edited by ArthurPendragon

Depends if there is proof that it was a sham marriage. If its just hearsay then I too would doubt DIBP could act, but if there is any proof in writng etc it could be a different matter. There was a case in the paper last week here, a huge marriage racket involving Indians and sham marriages. DIBP seem to be cracking down.

There are scandals where Europeans on Working Holiday Visa never leave Australia. There are scandals where Bikie gang members from Europe are making way to Australia. DIBP is also cracking down on them.

I think She is better off reporting him if he had got PR through marriage. Is he earning and helping your aunt in paying the loan? And if he gets deported, it gets marked in his passport and he has to face music when the Indian immigration questions him on this reason and He won't get visa to any other country with a deportation mark on his passport.

There are scandals where Europeans on Working Holiday Visa never leave Australia. There are scandals where Bikie gang members from Europe are making way to Australia. DIBP is also cracking down on them.

I'm sure there are frauds in every migration class. this thread is about marriage fraud, so I didn't list all the others I've heard of.

I think She is better off reporting him if he had got PR through marriage. Is he earning and helping your aunt in paying the loan? And if he gets deported, it gets marked in his passport and he has to face music when the Indian immigration questions him on this reason and He won't get visa to any other country with a deportation mark on his passport.

Why will India question him about it? its not their concern.

I have heard of people getting visas even after they have been deported from that same country a few years earlier, never mind fro a different country. Its a crime but doesn't necessarily prevent migration. tts down to the individual country.

I couldn't give a shlt about the flack that I am likely to get from this, but..................do a bit of research and any fool can see that the biggest rort on the Oz migration system is being perpetrated from India and their nationals...........whether they come on student visas and end up driving taxis 24/7, via a manipulation of the 457 visa, or via an arranged marriage scheme that are perpetrated by Indian nationals that have managed to get their 'foot in the door" and make a lucrative living from getting others to do likewise is irrelevant. What is relevant is the fear of those who want to speak up for fear of being accused as racist.