.... the unexpected losers of the 2015 budget,.......

Guest241083

Why don't you write about the big winners ?

Small business people who can buy any asset up to $20000 and claim an immediate tax deduction for it.

It must be nice in your house. all you worry about is giving out money left right and centre and never care about money coming in.

Why don't you write about the big winners ?

Small business people who can buy any asset up to $20000 and claim an immediate tax deduction for it.

It must be nice in your house. all you worry about is giving out money left right and centre and never care about money coming in.

........o PC ..........:eek:......perceptions....!

........you have no idea of the life I lead.....

.......and the thread is for the FIFO workers......and backpackers...

........of whom there are many who frequent this forum....!

........feel free to start a thread of what affects/interests you.......x

Quite liked the budget to be honest, nothing I really disagreed with, however...

Where did the budget emergency go? What about all the cuts and pain Australia needed? Oh right they have just started to worry about getting re-elected...

This will affect my son who's a FIFO worker but TBH he can afford to pay a bit more tax. He gets really good money and when he's away he gets his food and digs payed for, so hardly spends anything. Fair enough I reckon.

As for backpackers why should they be allowed to pay no tax if they are earning? They will just have to adjust their budgets to fund their hols and travelling.

I agree with removing it for Fifo staff.

First, for most, the tax break is very small anyway - it depends on the exact location of the mine for how much you get and the maximum of $1100 per year only applies to two mine sites. Argyle and Telfer. The majority of the staff at both are on 8/6 rosters so doesn't qualify anyway.

But, most importantly, this tax break was designed to help people living in remote areas to compensate for the extra expenses they face for things such as food. But, fifo staff do not have any extra expenses. Everything from food, accomodation and even sports facilities are free on site.