Gout tips please

Diane

Sitting in an office all day when I was working probably wasn't helping lose any weight (heel never bothered me then) but I've lost weight over the last year and am quite fit. Anyway, I'll take your advice - probably try a different walking shoe though the ones I have are supposed to be very supportive.

Hope you feel better soon! Mines was in the same area as johndoes - the back of the heel. I was almost crying in victoria station in london one day with it. At least you've picked up on it now and it'll hopefully clear up

This may sound strange but have you had an ear infection lately? I've quoted this post but I notice in later posts that you're still having problems. My (prescribed) gout (which I never thought it was because there was no heat from the inflamed area) disppeared when I lost weight and slowed up on the drinking........so........the supposition is? But wait a minute, I was experiencing frequent ear infections at the same time that I was dx'd as having gout..........since the gout has gone, so have the ear infections.

This may sound strange but have you had an ear infection lately? I've quoted this post but I notice in later posts that you're still having problems. My (prescribed) gout (which I never thought it was because there was no heat from the inflamed area) disppeared when I lost weight and slowed up on the drinking........so........the supposition is? But wait a minute, I was experiencing frequent ear infections at the same time that I was dx'd as having gout..........since the gout has gone, so have the ear infections.

Nah don't think so, I occasionally get a shooting pain in my ear but that's it. I'm just falling apart haha. I wouldn't pass a MOT

Guest Continuum

Water and lots of it for gout. Reduce purines

[TABLE=width: 80%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD]Foods with very high purine levels(up to 1,000 mg per 3.5 ounce serving):[/TD]

[TD] Anchovies, Grains, Gravies, Kidneys,Liver, Sardines, Sweetbreads[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Foods with high and moderately high purine levels(5-100 mg per 3.5 ounch serving):[/TD]

[TD] Asparagus, Bacon, Beef, Bluefish, Bouillon, Calf tongue, Carp, Cauliflower, Chicken, Chicken soup, Codfish, Crab, Duck, Goose, Halibut, Ham, Kidney beans, Lamb, Lentils, Lima beans, Lobster, Mushrooms, Mutton, Navy beans, Oatmeal, Oysters, Peas, Perch, Pork, Rabbit, Salmon, Sheep, Shellfish, Snapper, Spinach, Tripe, Trout, Tuna, Turkey, Veal, Venison [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• 4 years later...
On 14/06/2015 at 08:40, MARYROSE02 said:

My brother came down with gout again. He says the pain is worse than toothache? I have sent him some of the tips from this thread.

I had acute toothache yesterday so if the pain of gout is WORSE than toothache I definitely do not want to go there. Come to think of it, I did ask my GP why both my brothers get gout but not me. I can't remember what he said but he did say that at my age (60s) I'm unlikely to experience gout.

My toothache needed an emergency root canal which my dentist did for me same day and now I'm down to about 1 per cent pain as opposed to 1,001 per cent yesterday. I exaggerate of course but the hours between ringing for the appointment and waiting to go seemed to drag and drag and drag.

• Like 1