one way flights!!

trevnod

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean by that Quoll? I have the return leg of my flight that I'm not going to be able to use (need to use by July this year which isn't going to happen unfortunately).

Presumably Quoll means that it sometimes can be helpful to have a return flight already paid for, if one had to return to the UK unexpectedly / or plan to return for a set reason. I've got a return for January 2016, which I intend to move to some time in May, so I can come back for a family occasion.

If you have a return they will generally let you change it for a small fee within the year but if you explain that your personal circumstances have changed and you are no longer able to use the return portion, let them know before departure date and they may refund the tax portion of the ticket.

I emailed Flight Centre 3 times to ask for information or quotes etc... Each time they ignored me. I then sent an email asking why they didnt respond and were full of apologies offering to ensure they got back to me in the future and that there had been a mix up with my emails... So they gave me a contact to email and after 2 emails they stopped responding....

Needless to say I didn't book with Flight Centre!

We're flying with Etihad to Abu Dhabi & Kuala Lumper, with long stopovers for holidays in both cities, for £469 & then we're flying on to Sydney with Air Asia in a business class flat bed From Kuala Lumpur for £300 each. Can definitely work out cheaper sometimes if you use different airlines for different legs of the journey!

I'd definitely use Skyscanner as your first point of call for researching the best prices, and of course selecting the 'whole month' instead of 'specific dates' you can work out the cheapest day to fly. Happy hunting :)

Edited by aconcannon

We're flying with Etihad also but via abu dhabi then straight into melbourne mid august and it worked out at around £490 per person one way xx

Edit: we also booked directly with the airline but used Skyscanner to give us an idea of prices xx

Best flight I have managed is via IOM, they have found me a flight with Qantas via Dubai, 1hr 40 mins layover for £670 with 40kg baggage. That is 27th July though can cannot find anything reasonable.

I would pay more as I want a stop over in Singapore, however the pricing info on their site is hard to understand as I think I will need more than 20kg of baggage :(

sorry, not had time to read through the thread, so this might have been said before.

You can often get a good deal by going direct with the airline. We did this with Singapore Airlines, and others seem to have done the same on Emirates, Etihad etc - ours was slightly cheaper, plus we could work in a short stopover for 17 hours.

So far I'm getting a single from Edinburgh to Perth with 2 stops (no long stop overs) for about £470 odd so not bad so far. Tried IMO but they change way way more although the extra baggage is useful. Cheers guys for all the advise.

Brilliant, will be keeping my eyes on the airlines directly also. Apparently about 3 months before you leave is best to book.....

We're flying with Etihad also but via abu dhabi then straight into melbourne mid august and it worked out at around £490 per person one way xx

Edit: we also booked directly with the airline but used Skyscanner to give us an idea of prices xx

Defo agreed. Will be looking at that also ??

We're flying with Etihad to Abu Dhabi & Kuala Lumper, with long stopovers for holidays in both cities, for £469 & then we're flying on to Sydney with Air Asia in a business class flat bed From Kuala Lumpur for £300 each. Can definitely work out cheaper sometimes if you use different airlines for different legs of the journey!

I'd definitely use Skyscanner as your first point of call for researching the best prices, and of course selecting the 'whole month' instead of 'specific dates' you can work out the cheapest day to fly. Happy hunting :)

So far I'm getting a single from Edinburgh to Perth with 2 stops (no long stop overs) for about £470 odd so not bad so far. Tried IMO but they change way way more although the extra baggage is useful. Cheers guys for all the advise.

That's the price I was getting too at one point from edinburgh. Is it with etihad?

I have saw cheapish flights with Etihad but no its with KLM and Singapore Airlines from Edinburgh

Oh that's the one I was telling someone about the other day. Do they transfer your bags from the KLM flight to the singapore one? Because there was only a hour gap between them

I have been speaking to Singapore airline, I can get good time flights with a day stopover in Singapore with 40kg allowance per person for £600 on 11th Aug :)

Yes we got something similar with the extra luggage allowance. I wasn't sure how easy it would be to sort this if we booked through an aggregator like Skyscanner, so we went direct to airline and got a 17 hour stopover. We wanted a way for our kids to have a sleep in case they didn't sleep much on the plane.

I don't think an hour would be enough time to swap flights :(

You'd be ok hon!I flew via Dubai last year,with an hour in between.During the first leg of the journey,they will announce anyone continueing their journey should head for dep lounge (?)and that ground staff will be there when you get off the flight to point you in the right direction!

I'm just pricing flights to the now, still haven't a clue where I'm landing or wether I'm going September or November. The ones that are coming up are really short airport connections. The cheapest is one that goes from glasgow to Amsterdam with KLM. Then Amsterdam to oz with singapore but 1.5 hours or whatever it is isn't long to get baggage from KLM to singapore airlines. I get stressed enough in airports never mind having to run lol