Guest241083

....stop David Cameron legalising fox hunting......!

Guest Guest66881

I will ask again, if not hunting what - without harming any other animal.

Do you worry about the mice or the rats that get killed?

So you are trying to portray all conservatives as animal haters now.

You people are really low.

A barbaric toff sense of fun. Nothing low about speaking against cruelty. Lets see what they have in plan for the lower orders now.

So, maybe people like the Australian way? It poisons a lot of innocent dogs being walked, it poisons possums. It poisons dingos. In fact, after spending years in the outback of oz that is constantly baited, the only animals it doesn't effect is the fox.

When end it does, this is a vile death. The poison is slow acting, causing massive suffering for many days.

.......if they cause problems.......traps or shot would be the most humane way.....

.......I also don't like poison for the reasons you mention....

........but to be hunted by a pack of dogs.....encouraged by humans on horses.....is not the answer.....!

Traps are cruel. Poison is probably the best way.

Mind you the fox probably doesn't care how many animals he tears to pieces.

It does happen in nature of course every day.

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

For me it's not the really the killing the foxes if there's a conservation problem but it's the idea of using a pack of dogs to hunt and then Rip up. The idea that some people think this is ok really worries me. Would we accept things like badger baiting or dog fighting? No it's illegal and people get prosecuted for it.

Just to throw into the mix, I used to work as a chambermaid in a hotel in the country. The hotel owner (an arse and appaling employer) used to walk through the corridors in his hunting pink every weekend in the season. One day I went to my room to hear the cries of fox cubs housed in crates outside my room. Apparently the mother had been killed and the cubs found. They were fed and watered in the crates for a while and then released as "the future generation". After asking around, I found out from mates at other hotels in the area that this was a very common practice. I now don't buy the "keeping the vermin down" argument. I didn't get the impression that they were Tory members (as some were down to earth farmers and their hands), just murdering scum who I grew to hate.

Also, packs of hounds aren't fussy what they kill when they are in a frenzy as local pets, birds, deer, hares and badgers found out to their cost.

Edited by supa

Traps are cruel. Poison is probably the best way.

Mind you the fox probably doesn't care how many animals he tears to pieces.

It does happen in nature of course every day.

.........not all traps are cruel....!

........and hunting in nature..........and hunting for sport......

.........are two different things...!

Guest Guest66881

I for one am not saying it is 'ok' but again what is the best answer, pointless blaming a group of MP's over an issue that's centuries old.

I for one am not saying it is 'ok' but again what is the best answer, pointless blaming a group of MP's over an issue that's centuries old.

They are the ones who want to bring it back, doesn't sound like the general public do. They live in the past. Let's hope it doesn't go ahead. Seriously, isn't shooting enough? Also I read that the dogs are killed once they are retired. If that's true then how nice is that.

3. House of Lords, 16-9-03 Earl Ferrers: 'My Lords, I am grateful to the Minister for that astonishing reply. Does he not realise that if the Bill becomes law 11,766 foxhounds, 3,600 beagles, 1,200 harriers, 511 mink hounds, 420 fell hounds, 220 deer hounds, 300 basset hounds and 3,000 unentered hounds will be destroyed because there will be nothing for them to hunt? Is not the noble Lord ashamed of that?'

Lord Whitty: 'My Lords, that adds up to roughly the 20,000 to which I referred, several thousand of which in practice are destroyed every year because they outlive their usefulness or their ability to join the pack. Therefore, it is not unusual for hunts to destroy hounds..... '

Killing Foxhound Pups.

If Foxhound pups show no aptitude for killing Fox cubs they are slaughtered. Fox hunters believe in the darwinian ‘survival of the fittest’ and carry out a selective breeding policy to ensure only Foxhound pups with an aptitude for killing are allowed to survive. They .. “selectively shoot 16,000 puppies each year ...”[54]

Fox hunters provide Foxhounds with various forms of training throughout their lives to reinforce their taste for killing, “On local radio last year, an ex-employee of a hunt phoned in to say that he had once thrown a Fox cub to the dogs, prior to the chase, in order to get the hounds ready.”[55] There is nothing random about this incident for, as will be noted, Fox hunters turn Foxhounds upon their own kind to keep them keen for killing.

Surprise surprise..just like greyhound racing. Any activity that involves humans using animals for sport and/entertainment WILL involve obscene animal cruelty.

Yep that's what I read too. Another case of people disposing of something once it no longer has any use to them.

I was born and brought up in the countryside and really don't like foxes much, but that's not the point.

This law was made several years ago and should be so far down the political agenda to be ignored. It's absolutely ridiculous that, given that there's so much else to tackle, that it's even being talked about.

Just shows where the priorities lie.

Fox hunters are unwilling to bear the cost of looking after such Dogs in their retirement, “Fox-hunt masters have finally admitted they kill thousands of their hounds every year. Animal welfare campaigners have always claimed that surplus puppies and dogs retired early are shot. Huntsmen insisted this kind of slaughter was beyond the pale - and defended their sport by saying it gave the hounds a useful life. Now, in evidence to the government inquiry on fox hunting, hunt masters have conceded that retired Dogs are killed rather than rehoused as pets. Critics say that more than 6,000 Dogs a year die, when puppies from spare litters are added. Bew stewart said, “Pro-hunters claim that if hunting is banned, it will mean thousands of Dogs being put down. The reality is that hunts have already been shooting young Dogs for years.”[58]

I know.. Imagine being a politician in power and thinking "ooh the first thing I'll talk about it fox hunting"

Fox hunters are unwilling to bear the cost of looking after such Dogs in their retirement, “Fox-hunt masters have finally admitted they kill thousands of their hounds every year. Animal welfare campaigners have always claimed that surplus puppies and dogs retired early are shot. Huntsmen insisted this kind of slaughter was beyond the pale - and defended their sport by saying it gave the hounds a useful life. Now, in evidence to the government inquiry on fox hunting, hunt masters have conceded that retired Dogs are killed rather than rehoused as pets. Critics say that more than 6,000 Dogs a year die, when puppies from spare litters are added. Bew stewart said, “Pro-hunters claim that if hunting is banned, it will mean thousands of Dogs being put down. The reality is that hunts have already been shooting young Dogs for years.”[58]

They want to say "oh look what you made us do" but Yep the reality is they do it already. Someone who likes watching something get ripped to bits probably isn't going to be very kind to their animals

They want to say "oh look what you made us do" but Yep the reality is they do it already. Someone who likes watching something get ripped to bits probably isn't going to be very kind to their animals

and that is PRECISELY the argument that pro greyhound racing people have tried to use....and people bought into it.

I wouldn't want to be walking around near one with my dog, he looks like a fox

I'm so angry reading this thread...

why are we even needing to have this discussion...

leave the natural wildlife alone.....

FFs its not hard...

i want my grand kids ....to be able to walk n see wildlife like I do.

If they want to have a sport then they should go play polo. This is not a sport

.......if they cause problems.......traps or shot would be the most humane way.....

.......I also don't like poison for the reasons you mention....

........but to be hunted by a pack of dogs.....encouraged by humans on horses.....is not the answer.....!

Traps don't kill instantly neither does buckshot.the fox could be in a trap for days and wounds from gunshot will fester and slowly kill the animal.their is no right or wrong the only quick death for a fox is to be run over by a car.second quickest is ripped to pieces by dogs. If their was wolves still roaming the countryside this would be their fate. It's nature really beast against beast.not standing up for the tally ho brigade but what other humane way is their.

The quickest way would be a close shot. Not being ripped to bits by a dog. Which way would you prefer to go?

Ohhhhh look, we have been overrun with foxes since the ban has been in place.....not.......******s all of them, I have been on a few fox hunting protests in my part of the world in my younger teen days when it was legal.....laying a trail of aniseed was sometimes hilarious as the dogs went around in circles much to the annoyance of the toffs...:biglaugh:

page5hunting_2430273a.jpg

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..