And the UK election result is.......

srg73

Guest Guest66881

The uk is doing great, just a shame so many are following the party they grew up with and following family led party beliefs.

Bit like religion this party preference bullshite, bred into you i mean.:wink:

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Guest66881
The UK is recovering.

So you think all your countrymen are too stupid to know what is in their best interest ?

Come on. Just accept that they prefer the conservatives to the Left.

Confucius once said: 'a blind man walks along his own path'.:wink:

Guest Guest66881
Meoowww... I can see things getting bitchy here soon.

Im hoping for a particular outcome but ill keep it to myself. Cba defending why I voted for who I did.

A lot of people have certain mindsets and it usually sticks throughout life.

Said just that earlier mate:wink:

Said just that earlier mate:wink:

i do honestly think its mad how some people vote on the basis that 'theyve always voted that party' or 'my family have always voted for them so i will' without actually thinking properly. parties have changed. They're not the same as they were before. Focus on the here and now.

Meoowww... I can see things getting bitchy here soon.

Im hoping for a particular outcome but ill keep it to myself. Cba defending why I voted for who I did.

A lot of people have certain mindsets and it usually sticks throughout life.

Some people are totally incapable of not personalizing debate Stacy. I don't worry about it too much. I read the manifestos and made my own mind up based on my own beliefs and morals.

Guest Guest66881
i do honestly think its mad how some people vote on the basis that 'theyve always voted that party' or 'my family have always voted for them so i will' without actually thinking properly. parties have changed. They're not the same as they were before. Focus on the here and now.

:notworthy:

I grew up in a labour household i never voted at the younger age as i see them all as one and the same but when i did see some value in a party i voted as i saw fit, like you say to many rely on what parents said or how mates voted, times change parties change but some will stay stuck in old ways as it's the done thing.

The uk is doing ok, said that earlier, so why change back to the bad old days of spend what you really have not got?

Guest Guest66881

People power, and heres me thinking that the uk was under siege from European migrants taking jobs that didn't exist anyway (according to some).

Glad to see the demise of people like Farage and that old muppet of the north George Galloway (both reasons why those parties fail).

Modern societies are not stupid, especially ones who think for themselves without worrying what mom or dad might say if they ever voted away from their beliefs.

That's a forward thinking progressive society at work, must be a lot of self fulfilling think of yourself people out there:wink:

The UK is recovering.

So you think all your countrymen are too stupid to know what is in their best interest ?

Come on. Just accept that they prefer the conservatives to the Left.

The UK can never have a labour govt again. The Tories have unconstrained power. That is never a good thing. You may want to think about how bad things would have to get before the Tories can get voted out. This is not something to be applauded. It's very scary. You effectively have a country run by big business with no controls.

That is ridiculous newjez.

The people decide always.

If the people choose to, they will remove the Conservatives and install Labour.

They are not doing it though.

Usually there is a change every 2 to 3 terms. So Labour may get in next time or the time after.

And nothing wrong with that.

But just accept that most people strongly disagree with you.

That is what democracy is all about. The will of the people.

I think Australia resembles a democracy. But I think the UK has a lot of reform before it even comes close.

I think Australia resembles a democracy. But I think the UK has a lot of reform before it even comes close.

What - you mean the total joke that is the Australian voting system? A system that meant senators were elected with almost no votes? A system that is so dysfunctional that the government - the elected government - could not implement its budget?

That is ridiculous newjez.

The people decide always.

If the people choose to, they will remove the Conservatives and install Labour.

They are not doing it though.

Usually there is a change every 2 to 3 terms. So Labour may get in next time or the time after.

Not now that Scotland has effectively left the union. It will be a good thing for the UK over the next 5 to 10 years. With stability like this I can see the UK becoming a northern Singapore. But longer term it scares me. Look forward to a booming pound, house prices and economy, which will be in stark contrast to the rest of the world. The UK is going to be the place to be, for now.

Guest Guest66881
Not now that Scotland has effectively left the union. It will be a good thing for the UK over the next 5 to 10 years. With stability like this I can see the UK becoming a northern Singapore. But longer term it scares me. Look forward to a booming pound, house prices and economy, which will be in stark contrast to the rest of the world. The UK is going to be the place to be, for now.

Bit like when Blair was leading the country then?:wink:

What - you mean the total joke that is the Australian voting system? A system that meant senators were elected with almost no votes? A system that is so dysfunctional that the government - the elected government - could not implement its budget?

You prefer the house of lords?