Toowoomba

kellyjamie

Exactly! Every year we do an 8000km drive from Mackay to the NT and on to Kununurra...just for gem fossicking and barramundi fishing...

2 hour trip...bigemo_harabe_net-163.gifbigemo_harabe_net-163.gifbigemo_harabe_net-163.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Oh now your talking !!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep meaning to do something like that, one day maybe if we will Lotto next week. LOVE Barramundi gee SO expencive now. Guess you take a camper van, such fun. Yep Poms, thinking of moving here must be a little shocked by our distances but just what we are use to. 90km to visit a shop you like is perfectly normal. shop have coffee and drive home easy. LOL

Oh now your talking !!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep meaning to do something like that, one day maybe if we will Lotto next week. LOVE Barramundi gee SO expencive now. Guess you take a camper van, such fun. Yep Poms, thinking of moving here must be a little shocked by our distances but just what we are use to. 90km to visit a shop you like is perfectly normal. shop have coffee and drive home easy. LOL

Oh, definitely!!!bigemo_harabe_net-163.gif

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/out-about-oz/220369-few-photos-camping-trip.html

Cheers, Bobj.

Toowoomba has grown massively this last couple of years and is still growing, the same can be said for Gatton, Lockyer Valley etc. IMO they are great areas, the big downside being its a trek to a beach , i do think they are areas you need to go and see yourself, this way you know all amenities are there and on hand and if the area suits your wants and needs.

Cal x

ok now I am really jealous ! That is real camping, stunning starry sky you will never see anything like that in the middle of the city. Chuck some damper on the fire to go with the fish oh yum ! but you can keep the crocs me I would be sleeping on the roof of the car LOL , love your photos

Toowoomba has grown massively this last couple of years and is still growing, the same can be said for Gatton, Lockyer Valley etc. IMO they are great areas, the big downside being its a trek to a beach , i do think they are areas you need to go and see yourself, this way you know all amenities are there and on hand and if the area suits your wants and needs.

Cal x

Well said Cal, guess I am a country bumpkin, lived near the beach once and had no interest in it. Cant swim to save myself and all those "things" that wrap around your legs scare the life out of me so I will stick to long walks in the country and hope I dont stand on a snake LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, sincere apologies, my stupid email is not updating to let me know i have received replies!!!!!!! so i do apologise. Thanks Tina for all the info, were heading up this weekend to have a good look around. We love the idea of the tranquility aspect up there, the fact we can get 1/2 acre for the same price we get 400sqm here northside, daughter would love a pony lol! Id love a view not just a patchwork of colourbond roofs. The weather doesnt bother us and were not massive beach goers. But the distance does concern us if im honest, which we will only be able to decide once we come up and check for ourselves.

Thanks Jacaranda, the trip back was exactly what i needed. It made me realise that for the forseeable future Australia is defo the best place for us and the girls. It was absolutely the best thing i could have done x

Weather forecast is 20 on Saturday and 18 Sunday so should be nice. Call in at the Park House Café opposite Queens Park 92 Margaret St for breakfast lovely place.

Go for a drive around Torrington, Cotswold Hills, Gowrie Mountain, Meringandan West there is a new 1/2 acre estate. ( http://rosellahighlandsestate.com.au/rosella-highland-estate-land.html ) and Highfields. Hodsonvale is also quite rural but more expencive as it is closer to Kearney Springs which has all the big shops. Go for a drive to Myer in Ruthven street and just take a look at the size of the construction area which will be the new Grand Central Shopping Centre. Depending on your plans of course you could go up to Toowoomba via the range crossing and come back via the back road which comes off the New England Hwy just after you leave the Highfields Area. You turn at the lights towards Murphys Creek, you will go past a turn off to Spring Bluff Railway if your interested in having a look. Not a regular railway it is one of the old ones set in nice picnic area. The murphy Creek road will eventually bring you to Postmans Ridge where it joins back on the Warrigo Hwy below the range heading for Brisbane. Have a look at where is it will give you a map. Have a safe trip !

Thanks Tina, are the japanese gardens worth visiting??

Definately ! just beautiful. Be aware they are in the grounds of the university so when you drive in you may think "where the Hell am I LOL but they are on the left hand side once in the uni grounds and plenty of parking. Ask anyone who maybe wandering around if you cant find the gate into the gardens. They do ask for a gold coin donation but that is all. Trees should be starting to turn as well.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...