ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gollywobbler

Calling Painters & Decorators Affected by TRA Pathway D

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Painters & Decorators

I know that a lot of you are struggling to find Sponsors because you have been "caught" by the closure of TRA Skilled Pathway D last September.

It has now been confirmed that there are two separate companies which can now assess your skills in the UK, with a view to the issue of an AQF III Certificate and I am not sure what else.

Provided that you are also able to demonstrate at least 4 years of full-time, recent, relevant work-experience as Painters & Decorators, then you may well be able to obtain positive skills assessments under TRA Skilled Pathway E instead. Armed with the skills assessments, many of you would be able to revert to Plan A and skilled independent visas for Oz.

The prices quoted by the two companies are quite divergent but I believe that one offers more "add ons" than the other, though I know too little about this to have any information about the details.

The websites for the two companies are here:

ACTS UK | Welcome to Trade Train

http://www.cricos.************.com.au/

With the latter, I may have found the wrong bit of their website but use Contact Us and e-mail them. If the forum software alters the web address, try www.sil-vertrow-el.com.au but remove both hyphens from the company name.

Please see this thread as well:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/34564-aqf.html

Please also check the requirements for TRA Skilled Pathway E via the link below:

http://www.workplace.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/FA0FD1E1-8B74-4C11-AFBB-2C159890FF80/0/UniformAssessmentCriteriaSeptember2007.pdf

If you are in any doubt about the requirements for TRA Skilled Pathway E then I would suggest that you contact Alan Collett of Go Matilda for advice. He is also able to explain the price-difference between the two companies above. I understand that there are valid reasons for it but I do not know the details.

There are several ways to contact Alan Collett, who is based at Go Matilda's Melbourne Office. Please see below:

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Contact and Feedback

PomsInOz Forum - View Profile: Alan Collett

Or e-mail him direct on alan-at-gomatilda-dot-com

Use common-sense to work out what to change, please!

All other tradies: Please do not despair. If you feel that your own skill is being ignored, please at least e-mail both companies and Alan because if there is enough demand, I am sure that both companies plus Alan will do their best to find some assessors who can come to the UK and do the necessary, or make arrangements for the workplace assessments to be done in Australia instead.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

I am bumping this thread back up to the top after having discovered today that at least one Painter & Decorator is not yet aware of the new possibility for himself.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest The Cutches

I'm now looking into this for my brother who has decided to move to TAS to! (wooohooo!) Thanks for the post Gill, you're a superstar!

CC

x

Guest Birdiesinoz

Hi Gill

Just to advise the ACTS - Trade Train are currently offering assessments in the following trades:

Bricklaying, Concreting, Shop Fitting, Wall & Floor Tiling, Carpentry, Painting & Decorating, Solid Plastering, Water Proofing, Cabinet Making, Roof Plumbing, Wall & Ceiling Lining and John O'Donnell (who I had a very long conversation with yesterday) has also announced Chef/Cook and Hairdressers as being on the list.

The fees for this company are higher as they provide not only the AQF111 Qualification but also General Safety Induction Card (if required), a Business Management Course, assistance with the paperwork for any licences needed. They offer a service called 'Hit the Ground Running' which seems very good.

I have also discussed with thim the possibility of this service for people in Oz who are maybe on 457's waiting for the reintroduction of pathway D and he is currently looking at this option and will be advising me of potential fees.

Whilst the fee of 3,750 pounds may seem expensive, if you are looking to get RPL by coming to Australia then after paying fares, loss of salary, accommodation, food etc plus the cost of the RPL, this does not seem such a bad deal.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Cheryl

Thanks ery much for this information. Jackal, the young Painter & Decorator whom I had in mind, said yesterday that he has contacted ACTS and that someone from there is going to see him today. If he can get an assessment under TRA Pathway E he can get a 175 visa apparently so I am THRILLED for him! They have been amazingly swift i responding to Jackal because he only contacted them last week, so after months of hanging around in limbo following the closure of Pathway D, I've got everything crossed that Jackal is now on his way to Oz, hopefully.

I'm a bit puzzled about training for bricklayers and the others who now come under VETASSESS, though. Can ACTS do their VETASSESS practicals and save them potentially months of waiting for one of the practical assessments in the UK, please? If so, that would be excellent news too. I know a plumber whose htoery papers have just gone to VETASSESS. If he can avoid having to wait till October for his practical, this would be brilliant.

Very many thanks

Gill

Guest Birdiesinoz
Hi Cheryl

Thanks ery much for this information. Jackal, the young Painter & Decorator whom I had in mind, said yesterday that he has contacted ACTS and that someone from there is going to see him today. If he can get an assessment under TRA Pathway E he can get a 175 visa apparently so I am THRILLED for him! They have been amazingly swift i responding to Jackal because he only contacted them last week, so after months of hanging around in limbo following the closure of Pathway D, I've got everything crossed that Jackal is now on his way to Oz, hopefully.

I'm a bit puzzled about training for bricklayers and the others who now come under VETASSESS, though. Can ACTS do their VETASSESS practicals and save them potentially months of waiting for one of the practical assessments in the UK, please? If so, that would be excellent news too. I know a plumber whose htoery papers have just gone to VETASSESS. If he can avoid having to wait till October for his practical, this would be brilliant.

Very many thanks

Gill

hi Gill

The trades that are assessed under VETASSESS are required to do the practical as they are no longer assessed by TRA, however, the AQF111 option for these trades may be available to those people already here in Oz on 457's who don't want to wait the 2 years for employers to sponsor them or if the pathway D is not 'as previous' ( had a meeting with TRA on Monday and they have advised that 'possibly' there will be something in place by 1 July but no promises and no idea what) this may assist them.

:smile: