Online ordering UK to Oz

jicms

I'd like advice on ordering presents in the UK for relatives in Oz. Few companies accept UK credit cards and the only one I've found needs the purchaser to collect the goods and show the card so I'm having to get a refund! Another has told me I can use Paypal but this costs a lot in poor exchange rates and fees on top.

Why no Amazon I'd be lost without them but the don't ship to Oz

Edited by jicms

I'd like advice on ordering presents in the UK for relatives in Oz. Few companies accept UK credit cards and the only one I've found needs the purchaser to collect the goods and show the card so I'm having to get a refund! Another has told me I can use Paypal but this costs a lot in poor exchange rates and fees on top.

Why no Amazon I'd be lost without them but the don't ship to Oz

Providing the item I'm ordering isn't geo-blocked and is available to purchase, I have never had any issue with UK companies accepting either my UK or Aus issued credit cards. The common theme between the 2 cards is that both are registered to the same Australian residential address. An alternative could be to register your credit card with Paypal and purchase via Paypal (if that option is available). Paypal is actually pretty decent to use for foreign currency transactions.

Edited by le petit roi

Never had a problem in either way transactions and often buy from Amazon UK and Ebay UK, to ship here, either via paypal or visa debit. Unless you're buying something hugely expensive I would suggest that you forget about exchange rates as it's only "small change" IMHO. Buying gifts should be a pleasureable experience and if you're going to worry about a few bucks...............????