Police check showing debt

MiM

Hi, I'm sorting my documents to front load them before my invitation expires but there is a problem with a police certificate from Israel - have lived there for a few years. I have an unpaid bill for cable and am wondering whether the CO will frown upon that.

The original debt was made 6 years ago due to the mistake that was made by the cable company but they're denying they're wrong and keep telling me I need to settle it. However during the course of time, the bill has inflated and I would really prefer not to pay.

My main concern is:

1) in such cases does CO ask for clear PCC (meaning I have to settle debt and then get the police to clear my record - the process of clearing the police record in Israel is very time consuming), or

2) does CO ask for proof of payment to the cable company without PCC necessarily being clear, or

3) does CO neglect such non-criminal points in one's record?

Any experiences?

I do not think it will be relevant to the CO, I might be wrong but if you were coming from the UK it would not even be on your police record - have you actually been to court for this?

Thanks for your input, no haven't been to court. I phoned the cable company today to ask for the status and they confirmed that there was a debt and that it is being handled by their legal department. Will have to call the legal department tomo and inquire.

Not many, Bobby, I suppose. The trouble with Israel is that they won't send you the pcc, they send it to the embassy of Australia in Tel Aviv so you don't know if there's anything to be worried about.

Why should they send the pc to the Embassy of Australia when DIBP is relevant to your case? You're not a citizen of Australia I guess so they may send it to the Embassy of GB. If the Australian Embassy ever receive a pc of a non-citizen they would probably send it back, what should they do with it???

Not many, Bobby, I suppose. The trouble with Israel is that they won't send you the pcc, they send it to the embassy of Australia in Tel Aviv so you don't know if there's anything to be worried about.

We had to get a PCC from Singapore, and like Isreal, they don't hand it over to the person. They snail mailed it directly to the case officer who was dealing with our visa in Australia. We were given a letter from our case officer with a reference and address for the Singapore police to send it to.

Edited by ScotsQuine
spelling

Silencio it is just the way they operate. I am having hard time finding out whether private debts are even included in israeli pcc. I guess since they are being sent directly to the embassy (who forwards the pcc to the CO) no one has seen them and there are no samples online.

I'm trying to find out more by talking to lawyers. It seems like the debt is not included in criminal records but it one can't be too sure with these things.

I agree with the advice to make arrangements to settle the debt and have already initiated the process.

Edited by MiM