ACS Skill Assessment as Developer Programmer 261312

chrismeadow

Hi guys, I would really appreciate your help and advice on my job duties with the hope of applying for (261312 Developer Programmer) as I know there is a lot of demand for this occupation. I am going to try to get my skills assessed by ACS by myself as have read some stories about how expensive Migration Agents can be etc....

I have got my completed Job Reference from my employer, my job title was Systems Engineer & SQL Database Developer and have listed my job duties as: -

· Attend scheduled meetings with potential clients to discuss their needs.

· Design, develop and implement database systems based on customer requirements for use with real time batch labeling software.

· Write front-end web based interfaces to configure SQL databases.

· Provide database administration e.g. data back up, user permissions, testing, debugging and troubleshooting.

· Provide training, support and maintenance of the reporting system and data.

· Creation of bespoke software for customer use as required with Visual Basic.

· The design and solution for Label printing software Keetouch, our own in-house printing software.

· Installation of computer systems and Auto I.D printers & software with continued maintenance and servicing of these products.

Would anyone with experience of getting assessed in this Job Occupation previously, advise me if you think I would successful with this application?

Cheers

Looks detailed enough to me. Is this the only reference/job you've had?

Regardless, if all references have detail like this, you'll have no problem with ACS accepting this. Just ensure that references also show start/end dates (if you can get the actual dates to, i.e. the day of the month rather than just the month). Go through the ACS guides but IIRC, at least 70% of your duties must be related to the occupation code.

Hi guys, I would really appreciate your help and advice on my job duties with the hope of applying for (261312 Developer Programmer) as I know there is a lot of demand for this occupation. I am going to try to get my skills assessed by ACS by myself as have read some stories about how expensive Migration Agents can be etc....

Good luck Chris.

Migration agents aren't all expensive :-) A good migration agent can save you heaps in the long run.

Regards

Peter

• 6 months later...

You having a good experience. You can apply anywhere. Apart this i am also running web development company, You can contact me if you want. For

All Skill Assessment applications should be lodged online through the online application form. If you are applying as an individual please refer to the Information for Applicants page. If you are a Migration Agent and you would like to lodge an application on behalf of your client please refer to the Information for Migration Agents page.

Thank You..

· Attend scheduled meetings with potential clients to discuss their needs.

· Design, develop and implement database systems based on customer requirements for use with real time batch labeling software.

· Write front-end web based interfaces to configure SQL databases.

· Provide database administration e.g. data back up, user permissions, testing, debugging and troubleshooting.

· Provide training, support and maintenance of the reporting system and data.

· Creation of bespoke software for customer use as required with Visual Basic.

· The design and solution for Label printing software Keetouch, our own in-house printing software.

· Installation of computer systems and Auto I.D printers & software with continued maintenance and servicing of these products.

Hi Chris,

Looking at your role, it resembles more of 262111 - Database Administrator or 262113 - Systems Administrator rather than 261312 - Developer Programmer

As per ANZSCO Descriptions: https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/7641/ANZSCO-Descriptions-2015.pdf

But do double check with your migration agent.

• 6 years later...