189 visa lodged April 2015

Star447

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, my friend put some pics up on Facebook saying it was a bank holiday weekend. Just looked and it's just for them probably, it's Western Australia Day.

Oh yes, I have heard of that. On another note I think there should be a public holiday every Monday.

We are waiting, even if we are aware that grants are hold until July.

At least we will know that somebody is working on our cases :)

Two people submitted on 20/21 Apr got COs allocated. Hopefully those who submitted between 10 and 20 April will hear from them before end of this week!

I think the visas are processed in Adelaide (perhaps Brisbane too) and I did check last night, there was no bank holiday.

Unfortunately I was on a night shift which resulted in me stalking my emails and immi account every 5 minutes!

Looking at the spreadsheet noone since 14th April has got a grant. So far, it appears no contact has been made today from the CO's however the working day isnt over just yet!

Where is this spreadsheet you are speaking of?

There never seems to be any pattern to these things, i presume that our cases are all different (for example I am a family of 5 who needs checking). Then each CO, team and location will process slightly differently... Looking at previous grants they all seem to catch up within a week or so...

From the reply from DIBP it appears like a delay email is equivalent to you passing all the requirements. Of course noone knows 100% but when (if?) I get mine I think I will be happy with that. Less than a month to July now too. Congratulations on the delay email hehe. They don't seem to be processing very fast this week.

Hi All,

Sorry to ask stupid question.. what is dalay mail? can someone share content of delay mail please.

I have applied for visa on 19th Feb and shared additional docs requested by CO on 28th April.. after chasing GSM I was informed my application will take some time to process and they can't comment/commit on any tentative date so got a bit worried :-(

Hi Ktandsm

I'm in the same situation, with my work rights expiring 17th july, while we are in the holidays.

I gave up on waiting for the 189 grant before next week, so I am getting the WHV extension.

It does say it is only a matter of weeks, but I have been told that this limit doesn't apply if you are waiting for a decision on 189. Basically, the extension will run as long as they take to give a decision on your visa application...

Let me know if I'm wrong! :)

Anyone know if it's worth requesting an extension past the 6 month work restriction of a WHV if we're awaiting a decision on a 189 visa? It says that the extension, if granted, would only be likely to be a matter of days or weeks, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience?? We only lodged our application a week ago so we're expecting a good few months of waiting, but my partner's 6 months runs out in his current job on 4th July. We were hoping to get an extension until we get a grant, or at least until we get a case officer assigned so we can see what else we need to do.

Hey, is there anyone who could help me with a question. Is it easy to apply for Visa by oneself or is it advisable to go through an agent, to be on the safer side. Is the visa process tedious? I have to apply for Visa 190, just got the invite yesterday.

Anyone know how long it takes for the medicals to be uploaded?

Had them done on 28th May and when I press the 'Get Medical's button on the IMMI Site nothing happens, and it still says medicals required.

Hi All,

Sorry to ask stupid question.. what is dalay mail? can someone share content of delay mail please.

I have applied for visa on 19th Feb and shared additional docs requested by CO on 28th April.. after chasing GSM I was informed my application will take some time to process and they can't comment/commit on any tentative date so got a bit worried :-(

Please see page 17 bottom post from Hemanth.

She has included her delay e-mail.

it is very helpful by the way :)

I'm confused....on the IMMI website I can see the list of docs I have uploaded and the status of my visa application (Application received), when I click the 'Get Medicals' button it changes to say we do need medicals and gives a link to fill in the forms & get them booked.

However the forms were done back in Jan and the medicals completed last week - I can see them listed on the summary front page of the IMMI Site (along with the visitor visas we had for our trip at Easter) and when I click on the medicals link it states "Health requirement - health clearance provided - no action necessary" - which I assume means the medicals are passed.

However I can't seem to link the two together ??