189 visa lodged April 2015

Star447

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, Does anyone know if a job offer based on the expected visa will in anyway speed up the process (i.e jump the queue in the CO review etc)? Or will I still have to wait until (expected) July for a visa grant (once a CO is assigned)...

I agree, when the hospital knew I was getting my own 189 they offered me an interview. They are not even looking for 457 visas at the moment. I think mid-July is possible but very last minute ahhhh.... Would you be prepared to fly with a few days notice? Do you have the option to up and go?

good luck for the final interview by the way!

I would say not, since she's not going to have anything to do with your visa...but that's just my opinion. On Form 80 there is a place to put people that you know in Australia (e.g. relatives, close friends etc), so it might just be worth putting her there instead...

Anyone know if it's worth requesting an extension past the 6 month work restriction of a WHV if we're awaiting a decision on a 189 visa? It says that the extension, if granted, would only be likely to be a matter of days or weeks, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience?? We only lodged our application a week ago so we're expecting a good few months of waiting, but my partner's 6 months runs out in his current job on 4th July. We were hoping to get an extension until we get a grant, or at least until we get a case officer assigned so we can see what else we need to do.

Yes have you not read the posts?

The visa allocations for 189 visa's are full for this year. The next year will start from the 1st July. If you search through this thread or through other 189 threads on this site you will see multiple references to this. CO's are still processing but instead of direct grants people are getting a 'delay' email instead.

"To all who are interested in knowing: I called up DIBP and asked if there was truth in the rumour going around that there will be no more grants till July 2015 because the quota for Skilled Migration visas has been filled up. He said clearly that it was true and that I had to be patient till the new financial year starts in July. He said they are still processing applications and that some people might receive a delay mail if the CO requires nothing else and for others the CO will ask for additional information. However, NO GRANTS will be issued until JULY 2015 forward. So let's all be patient and look forward to JULY. Its barely 30 days away. Countdown starts now!"

This is comment left in spread sheet.

We have to relax until July...

The Migration Programme determines the maximum number of visas that can be granted in

each visa category. Applications for this visa category are processed in line with Migration

Programme planning levels. These planning levels have precedence over indicative client

service standard timeframes.

The Migration Programme planning level for this category now has limited number of places

left for the 2014-15 program year. This means processing times will be longer and that once

the remaining places are used, the Department cannot grant further visas in this category

during this programme year.

As planning levels affect all applications, including those in the final stages of processing, I

cannot give you an indication as to the likely timeframe for finalisation of your application.

In the meantime, I encourage you to continue checking the department’s website

(http://www.immi.gov.au) for any updates regarding application processing or changes to the

Skilled Migration Programme which may affect you.

Could you please share what is contained in 'delay mail'

Yes, It is normal for DIBP to see how many visas they have issued against the plan.

The last year, upto May, they had issued far less visas than planned for the year, so they granted alot of visas in June to be in line with yearly budget.

Hopefully they complete the assessments in June & there is a rush of grants on 1st July.

Does anyone know if this is normal at the end of the year & what has happened other yrars?