Star447

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Kingprawn,

I applied on the same day you did: 10th April.

I'm on a WHV (417) and currently teaching in a Remote Secondary School. Because of my visa conditions, I'm only allowed to work for 6months for the school, although they are extremely keen to have me staying forever... Issue is that my contract goes up to end of July, and I cannot renew my contract until I get a grant for 189.

My bridging visa is absolutely useless in my situation, because it doesn't give me full work rights until February 2016, when my WHV expires.

I've heard that you can request an extension of workrights, but you have to submit this to the CO. Well, how on earth can I do that if I don't get assigned a CO until July?

This puts me in a terrible situation with regard to the school who are starting to fret, even more than me... :(

Hopefully, I will get a CO some times before the end of this month, otherwise, we both parties are stuffed. I'm trying hard not to think about this scenario though. :)

When you are on a WHV and AFTER you apply for another work visa (e.g. a 189), you can apply to have the 6 month per employer restriction lifted and it won't matter that you don't have a CO. The form should be directed to the office that is processing your new visa application.

http://www.immi.gov.au/forms/Documents/1445.pdf Form 1445 - Request permission to work with an employer beyond 6 months on a Working Holiday or Work and Holiday visa

Edited by Ozmaniac

"Feeling frustrated! After finally getting to speak to a CO today I thought I might get the 'golden email' following shortly but instead the CO, who was very nice and courteous, explained that the limits were close and she could not give an indication as to how long the process would now take. I received an email from her to this effect, too.

The wait goes on!" - macca10

Above is quote from Feb thread, however in spreadsheet I have noticed that someone from 4th of April got CO allocated today.

At the end it is not long waiting until July, we are still in 3 months time frame which is stated on immi's web.

So stay positive :smile:

Edited by Slawka

Hi All,

My partner and I lodged or EOI 2 weeks ago so in our first waiting period. we have all our documents ready for application. We ar eho[ping to be flying out in Novemeber to Gold Coast.

Good luck to you all.

:)

We got our police certificates yesterday. Now can scan all of the documents and upload, medicals on Saturday. I was expecting CO allocation (or possibly grant ?) around the end of June at the earliest anyway, so hoping it won't be delayed much.

Hi Ozmaniac,

Thanks for the explanation. The form does say to direct it to the office dealing with my application, but who is it?

I am planning to submit it to the email address provided at the beginning of June if I haven't heard from a CO by then. They will have to transfer it themselves to the relevant service/department I guess.

Thank you again, it is reassuring at this stage to know that not all is "doomed"! :)

When you are on a WHV and AFTER you apply for another work visa (e.g. a 189), you can apply to have the 6 month per employer restriction lifted and it won't matter that you don't have a CO. The form should be directed to the office that is processing your new visa application.

http://www.immi.gov.au/forms/Documents/1445.pdf Form 1445 - Request permission to work with an employer beyond 6 months on a Working Holiday or Work and Holiday visa

:wink: Got allocate a case officer today! (Having lodged the 11th April). Now waiting for our police checks to come back and our medicals are booked for the 2nd June. This is really starting to feel real/close now.

Good luck for everyone else waiting, and hopefully my next post will be that I've been granted our visa.

Hi Louise,

Thanks for letting us know. How did you find out about your CO allocation? Are you applying from overseas or from inshore?

Please let us know!

Cheers.

:wink: Got allocate a case officer today! (Having lodged the 11th April). Now waiting for our police checks to come back and our medicals are booked for the 2nd June. This is really starting to feel real/close now.

Good luck for everyone else waiting, and hopefully my next post will be that I've been granted our visa.

Hi Louise, that is great news, congrats! May I ask under which occupation you applied, and if you are including dependants in your application?

I've seen many people worrying about no grants and CO allocations yesterday, but its good to know that there has been progress.

There is an online spreadsheet many applicants are using to track the progress of CO allocations and grants, maybe you want to add your details and share your good news and give hope to others. This is the link: http://tinyurl.com/oldpws7

I found out about my CO from my agent at the visa bureau, and I'm applying from England. Like Jac I don't know if they are just looking at my application to grant me a visa before or after 1st July, but for us it won't make too much difference as our medicals aren't until the 2nd June anyway.

Good luck everyone.

I got this reply and I am now analysing it over and over again to see if I can read anything into it;

Hi Julie, there are a limited number of places remaining in the Skilled Independent category for the 2014-15 programme year. Once the remaining places are used, our General Skilled Migration (GSM) processing teams cannot grant further visas in this category during this programme year.

Further information can be found here: http://www.immi.gov.au/.../estimated-allocation-times.aspx. This may be updated in June to reflect all GSM SkillSelect visa subclasses.

GSM processing centres are continuing to allocate applications including those for a subclass 189 visa for further assessment. Applications lodged in early April 2015 are currently being allocated and assessed.

Thanks for the info.

I guess they can still allocate a CO, but might not grant visas until July.

It doesn't make sense to have a "general" number for visa 189 applications, when clearly, for a lot of Skilled occupations the application figures haven't even reached 10%.

I suspect this "shortage" of places is due to DIBP granting visas to certain occupations even when their quotas have almost been reached (ICT/Accounting/Software/Computer network people represent about 13100 invites out of the 25100ish currently received!), while applicants with other occupations are left to scramble for the "leftover" places or wait for the following year.

It reads on the Skill select page: "An occupation ceiling will be applied to invitations to apply to migrate under the points based skilled visas of the general skilled migration programme. There will be a limit on how many invitations are issued in these subclasses for a particular occupation to ensure that the migration programme is not dominated by a small number of occupations."

But the IT field visibly dominates the migration figures for 189 applications....

Bottomline is: If they don't organise their migration programme a bit more rigorously in the years to come, well, I guess Australia will always be in shortage of Professionals outside the IT field...

I got this reply and I am now analysing it over and over again to see if I can read anything into it;

Hi Julie, there are a limited number of places remaining in the Skilled Independent category for the 2014-15 programme year. Once the remaining places are used, our General Skilled Migration (GSM) processing teams cannot grant further visas in this category during this programme year.

Further information can be found here: http://www.immi.gov.au/.../estimated-allocation-times.aspx. This may be updated in June to reflect all GSM SkillSelect visa subclasses.

GSM processing centres are continuing to allocate applications including those for a subclass 189 visa for further assessment. Applications lodged in early April 2015 are currently being allocated and assessed.

Edited by adonjio
additional info

Thanks for the info.

I guess they can still allocate a CO, but might not grant visas until July.

It doesn't make sense to have a "general" number for visa 189 applications, when clearly, for a lot of Skilled occupations the application figures haven't even reached 10%.

I suspect this "shortage" of places is due to DIBP granting visas to occupations where the quota have been reached (ICT/Accounting/whatever tech people), while applicants with other occupations are left to wait.

If they don't stick to their planned figures, then this is what happens, I guess...

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. Occupation ceilings are the maximum number of visas that can be granted to people in those occupations to ensure that, unlike in some earlier years, a disproportionate number of visas are not granted to particular occupations. They have nothing to do with 'planned figures' or the demand for workers in each occupation group. The overall number of 189 visas that are available is set in the Federal Budget each year and once that number is reached, no more visas can be granted until the next Program Year. Occupation ceilings and the overall number of available visas are not related.

Hi Jac2011, hope you will have some good news in coming weeks.

I lodged my 189 2 days after you and still haven't heard anything back yet.

Hi Jac2011,

From where you got this reply?

Did u got CO allocated? If yes..... then when it was happened?

Hi there, has anyone applied with dependents over 18; I have included my 19 year old son as he still lives at home and is studying. What information was provided to prove dependence?

Lauren

IETLS: Jan '15 EOI: 20.04.15 ITA: 24.04.15 APPLIED: 25.04.15 MEDICALS: 21.05.15 CO: ? GRANT:

fingers crossed for you, jac2011 ! By the way, my wife works in MH, I am an accountant.

We (4 in total) went through our medicals today with no issues. Now expecting a similar message...