189 visa lodged April 2015

Star447

Hi all,

we have applied in the 8th may and we are currently waiting for our case office allocation. I notice all the delays with the visas currently so estimate I will receive one around the end of June beginning of July. I still have to attend medical when they give me a hap id so was wondering if I still stand a chance of being on the plane by the 12th August or is it unlike?

its just we have a baby on the way and would love to have it over there but we have our deadline to fly

thanks in advance

By the way, as long as your application is all in order, you clear the medicals fairly soon then there's a good possibility that you'll be on that plane in August.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks captainC

I have a migration company doing this for me so I have never logged in to an immi account?

would my migration team have done this for me?

i have my trn number tho

Having not dealt with an agent before, then I wouldn't know for sure, but I'd fully expect them to do so, or at least instruct you how to do it yourself. I'd give them a quick call and ask if I were you, because you will already have the HAP ID and you could go ahead and book medicals right away, if you wanted/needed to.

Edited by CaptainC

hey - we have delay email also - submitted visa on 23/3/15 CO allocated 21/5/15 and now got delay email.

What happens if your occupation gets taken off the sol on 1st july?

Does that mean that your visa application is rejected?

And if so do you get a refund of visa fees?

And can you apply for a different regional visa instead?

Sorry for all the questions - its worrying me a bit as I am a flagged occupation.

TIA Emma

CO - case officer. Once you have lodged your 189 visa and paid your fee and uploaded your documents, your application sits there awaiting a CO to be allocated who will then review your application and either 1 issue you a visa 2 send you a delay mail (as the visa number has reached the cap for this year - up to end June ) or 3 request more details from you.

Our healthcheck results are confusing, too. Everything was filled out while we were waiting, however, I think we still need various blood test results to come through. When I log in, it shows "complete" for both kids, but "in progress" for both adults and it's been over a week now. I'll give it a few more days, as they advised me about 7-10 working days to fully update online.

Our medicals were finalised today at last - it took full 2 weeks to upload blood & xray results (that's what the hospital in Brum said).

No CO contact yet.

We went to Bridgewater, really good reviews, e-medical uploads (was uploaded the very next morning) and cheaper.

Ok, thanks. Probably would have gone to Bridgewater myself, but when it came to book, the Bridgewater website didn't work, and the Spire one did!!! (Plus, Spire did weekend appointments)

hey - we have delay email also - submitted visa on 23/3/15 CO allocated 21/5/15 and now got delay email.

What happens if your occupation gets taken off the sol on 1st july?

Does that mean that your visa application is rejected?

And if so do you get a refund of visa fees?

And can you apply for a different regional visa instead?

Sorry for all the questions - its worrying me a bit as I am a flagged occupation.

TIA Emma

I asked the same question only a few days back, just in case my occupation was removed and received several responses assuring me that everything would be processed as normal even if the occupation does get removed. I believe this to be true as the application was submitted and paid for during the 2014-15 visa programme year.

See below

What happens if occupation is removed from SOL and application is still being processed? http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233313

Hope this settles your mind somewhat

Hi all, would like to know if anyone here applied the subclass 189 from Hong Kong. I have a question on the police check. According to the Hong Kong Police Department, the certificate of "no criminal conviction records" could be applied for the immigration purpose by submitting a referral letter( with the address to send to) issued by Australia Immigration Department. From browsing the Internet, the referral letter would be given upon the CO allocated. However, after I lodged my application of 189 Visa on 5 May, I went to the Police Department to request the no criminal conviction certificate by using acknowledgement letter of my 189 application (on which my application confirmation and TRN are printed) as I wish to speed up the document submission process (the police department normally takes 4 weeks to issue the certificate of police check).

The problem I encountered is: the police department has their policy that the recipient of my "no criminal conviction record" certificate must be sent directly to the immigration department, which should be printed on the referral letter. And the police department requires me to provide the appropriate address to send. So I would like to see if any Hong Kong applicant here could share with me the information about the appropriate address?

By the way, one more question, is the F80 required to submit as well, I saw some of you here would submit that as well.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Tidying formatting

To answer your questions specifically:

1) they pointed out the following as the address to which they'll send the CNCC: GSM Adelaide, GPO Box 2399, Adelaide, SA, 5000.

2) Form 80 may be required but you won't know whether or not you need it until your CO has been in touch.

However.....

1) How do you know that you've been allocated a CO from Adelaide before your CO has been in touch??? It is pretty pointless in having a HK PCC sent to them if they are not assessing your application.

2) Read jac2011's post immediately above yours regarding Form 80

So my advice would be ....

1) be patient, wait and follow the HK CNCC process as you are supposed to

2) complete and upload Form 80 asap

You should have your HAP ID already. If you log into your immiaccount and click on your visa TRN, then under each applicant there will be a button marked 'GET HEALTH DETAILS' click on that, fill in your eMedical form as well as for each applicant and you will get a form to print which has your HAP ID on it.

We managed to get our hap id's from immi account and they have now been booked for the 17th june

thanks very much for your help!

I'm still waiting to allocate CO. 27th April

I did my Medical on 30th May and here is my experience.

We have book our medical online (the medical service provider has online facility to channel the slot) and wend morning.

They have first check the HAP ID letter and then request the original passport. cross verified and then proceed to the doctor.

She was first examine myself and wife then later my kid who is 4 year old. My kid is not speaking normally and we have already consult the pediatrician then reffed to language and speech therapist. Speech therapist has given clearance to my kid indicating he has delay on speaking mainly due to language mixed environment (We are speaking our native language at home and he is in KG mainly in English ) . So what happen during the medical exam was that doctor was ask his name, unfortunately he was not replied but cried. So she was ask is there any issue with his speaking and we said he has delay speaking. So Doctor was ask to provide a reference letter from either pediatrician or Speech and Language therapist.

Then they taken X Ray , Blood test , Pressure Test , Urine test then we left from Hospital. Few days later (4) days we have provide the letter which doctor was ask.

During the time our e-medical client records has been updated and in first day only the X Ray line has been completed , and HIV line was referred than later 2 days all line was completed.

For my kid they have add new line called "904 Chart of Early Child Development" and indicated completed.

In immi account still status is "Application Received" and both mine and wife's health details indicated that "Health requirement – health clearance provided – no action required", but for my kid it indicate " Health requirement – examinations ready for assessment – no action required" .

so that is what the update so far.

Don't know whether my kid's situation will be an issue or not , but waiting positively.