189 visa lodged April 2015

Star447

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you, too nervous at the moment to get excited...this waiting totally doing my head in! Will be a lot better when we have our grant. We still not sure , but we lived for a year in South Oz last year and fell in love with it so hoping to go there, but also loved Portland just over the border into Victoria. Decisions decisions!! What about you?

Hi we lodged our 189 Visa application just over two weeks ago, and im struggling to find a straight answer on how long it takes... it says 3 months to process but is that from all the information or from the visa application. Can anyone help..... how long does it take to get a case worker and do you find out about it or only when they need more information. I am so excited about going but it frustrates me that I have no idea of how long... I know people say its all about waiting but if anyone can give me any idea of how long it can take I would really appreciate it. We are moving to Brisbane with two kiddies so a big move. Thanks in advance

There is a small chance we could be lodging this month else it will be at the beginning of May. My form is all filled in on the immi account just waiting for funds to be transferred to the account so I can officially submit. Good luck everyone, due to my timings I will be following this thread with interest!

Hi we lodged our 189 Visa application just over two weeks ago, and im struggling to find a straight answer on how long it takes... it says 3 months to process but is that from all the information or from the visa application. Can anyone help..... how long does it take to get a case worker and do you find out about it or only when they need more information. I am so excited about going but it frustrates me that I have no idea of how long... I know people say its all about waiting but if anyone can give me any idea of how long it can take I would really appreciate it. We are moving to Brisbane with two kiddies so a big move. Thanks in advance

Hi Kim,

you can expect to hear from a Case officer within two months from submission and they will request any further info needed, PCCs and medicals.... from the look of it it is almost to the date at the moment! Depending on if you front loaded Police checks and medicals you may even get a direct grant. Processing times start to finish if all well usually within three months, so early days for you yet. I can only talk about it now as we are sure to hear something very soon, have been a nervous wreck these last two months! Hope that helps, Good luck

Edited by Southchick

IELTS October 2014(8.5, 8.5, 8.5, 9) overall 8.5, EOI submitted 29/3/15, visa lodged 13/4/15

189 Secondary School Teacher (241411) AITSL Acknowledged 29/01/15 IELTS 07/02/15 (L:9 R:9 W8.5 S:9) Medical 16/02/15 AITSL Received 02/04/15 EOI Submitted 02/04/15 (75 points) Invite 10/04/15 Lodged 10/04/15

Edited by KingPrawn

Well most my docs are uploaded now, just need to certify my degree certificate and book our medicals for May. We were due to do them around the 18th as we are heading via Manchester to visit family but tempted to do it earlier.

Who is uploading Form 80? We haven't at this stage but will complete them in the next few weeks in case we get them requested.

Iv heard conflicting info that if it is there it will ensure you dont get asked for it and it may speed up the process, but others have said it may delay the process as it's extra info to check out. So we were going to initially upload it, but now we decided to have it ready just in case we are asked for it.

@KingPrawn when do you fly? We fly on the 16th September. You have more patience than I do, I cant relax till I see that confirmation email haha!

I have a (changeable and refundable) flight booked to arrive in Sydney on 11th September. I don't plan living in Sydney though - so will be connecting on to either Brisbane, Melbourne or Adelaide.