Just how does granting an offshore visa whilst in Australia work?

bobby122

Hi guys, I am currently in Tas visiting my other half and seeing my future new home. I'm due to move here in July on a WHV while waiting for my offshore partner visa to be granted, expected in December of this year.

When the visa is ready to be granted, will I get an email saying in x amount of days I need to be out the country for 3 days? Or do I get a grant email and have x amount of validity period to get out? Basically would like it know how much notice you get - I'm applying for jobs while I'm here and wouldn't be ideal to have to take 3 business days off at the very last minute.

Thanks

Hi guys, I am currently in Tas visiting my other half and seeing my future new home. I'm due to move here in July on a WHV while waiting for my offshore partner visa to be granted, expected in December of this year. When the visa is ready to be granted, will I get an email saying in x amount of days I need to be out the country for 3 days? Or do I get a grant email and have x amount of validity period to get out? Basically would like it know how much notice you get - I'm applying for jobs while I'm here and wouldn't be ideal to have to take 3 business days off at the very last minute. Thanks

Hi, im not sure of exact time but ive been told that as long as your Co knows where you are, they will email you the notice that they are about to grant the visa, i think one lady on here had about 2weeks notice. Were in the same boat as of October well be in Melbourne, OH on a visitor visa awaiting 309 which will be at work he 10th month mark.

They will email you to say your visa is ready to be finalised and that they need your flight details for when you will be leaving the country. It's generally recommended that you have 5 days out of the country but they are usually pretty good at granting them quite quickly.

when do your medical and police checks expire?

Its a bit silly isn't it - having to leave the country and re-enter just to validate a visa? You'd think they'd just cancel your WHV when your partner visa became active. Would certainly save some hassle, money and wasted natural resources flying to another country!

I know when I moved from a 457 to a 189 I didn't have to leave the country to activate it.

Its a bit silly isn't it - having to leave the country and re-enter just to validate a visa? You'd think they'd just cancel your WHV when your partner visa became active. Would certainly save some hassle, money and wasted natural resources flying to another country!

I know when I moved from a 457 to a 189 I didn't have to leave the country to activate it.

Thats cos a 189 can be granted onshore.

With an offshore partner visa the expectation is that you apply offshore and only come to Australia after its granted. Or you apply onshore for the 820 instead,mthen it can be granted onshore.