Waiting for 189 invite with current visa expiring soon

Heartnetx

I am currently on a 485 visa that is due to expire on the 11th of May.

Once I finish my SMIPA course on the 10th of April, I will have the additional 5 points to qualify for the 60 points benchmark.

I am worried that my invitation will not come in time before my current visa expires.

Can anyone give me some advise?

I will be using accounting as nominated occupation.

I believe I can only wait for 2 invitation round (24 April and 8 May) before my current visa expires.

Have you got skills assessment ready so you can lodge as soon as you have the points? I don't see what there is to do other than apply as soon as you are ready, cross your fingers and probably get a back up plan ready in case you do need to go offshore and wait it out.

Once you receive your qualification does it need assessing by a skills assessment? Sorry, I am not great at understanding the accounting route...

I am hoping to submit a 189 just after 24th invite round but I am not expecting a result till after end of June. Have you researched whether bridging visa will be available?

Yes I've got all the necessary documents ready including the skill assessment.

I'm just hoping the invite will come in time so that I can get the bridging visa.

Not sure if there are any other options for me to stay if my current visa expires.

Yes I've got all the necessary documents ready including the skill assessment.

I'm just hoping the invite will come in time so that I can get the bridging visa.

Not sure if there are any other options for me to stay if my current visa expires.

To stay you need to apply for a visa, either the skilled migrant one or another one. I am sure you have some familiarity with the types of visa Australia has; partner visas, employer sponsored visas, student visas etc., so consider if there are any options. Otherwise, no you will have to wait offshore.

In the last invitation round on 27 March, Accountants with 60 point EOIs lodged before 28 February were issued with invitations so in that round, they were about a month behind. If you can get your EOI in the moment you get to 60 points, you have a reasonable chance of getting an invitation in the 10 April round but that will be cutting it very fine and there's no way of knowing how many other EOIs from Accountants will be in the pipeline by then. If you're not already claiming 20 points for English, see if you can do PTE Academic to try for the extra 10 points that will provide - their results, unlike IELTS, come back in a few days. That would get you over the 60 points without needing to wait until you can claim your Professional Year points.