You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

vickyplum

felt the need to share - just opened a CBA account!

Hi all

Just opened a Commonwealth Bank account online. Of course I still need to go and show my ID at the branch I chose when registering, but I'll have plenty of time on my hands when I arrive...! Will let you know how it goes [won't be happening until after 27 May though].

309/100 visa application lodged 28/08/13 | Visa sub-class 309 granted 09/05/14 | Arrived NSW 27/05/15 | 100 (PR) visa application lodged 27/09/15 | PR granted 13/04/16 | Citizenship application lodged 18/06/19

Have you made your first payment into your new account yet?

Jackie :arghh:

We opened an account online before we arrived ( with NAB). Had an appointment 2 days after arrival, cards were waiting for us at the branch. It wasn`t a hassle at all.

IELTS: L 9, R 7.5, W 8.0, S 8.5 overall 8.5

Visa lodged June 27th!, CO July 26th

AHPRA sent July 2nd, LOE August 1st

If I had my time again, I would not have opened with Commonwealth. I guess none of the banks are as easy to deal with as UK, make sure your nominated branch opens on Saturday otherwise you are left with the problem of having to visit between 10-4 m-f which is not easy if working full time.

S

Thames Migration appointed Jun 12 and 189 Visa granted Jan 13:wink:. Landed Sep 14 and roots being quickly established. Brisbane, what an amazing place with incredible opportunity.

Make sure you put a bit of money in it; I did mine a couple of months before I arrived and they suspended it by the time I got there due to non-use

No money in yet, but it's payday tomorrow, so I'll make the most of it and make a transfer.

@srg73 - if they are rubbish I can always change to another bank further down the line.

@Eera thanks for the tip off!

Edited by vickyplum

309/100 visa application lodged 28/08/13 | Visa sub-class 309 granted 09/05/14 | Arrived NSW 27/05/15 | 100 (PR) visa application lodged 27/09/15 | PR granted 13/04/16 | Citizenship application lodged 18/06/19