190 visa lodged January 2015

Guest spreadingwings

Hi Guys, we are filling out our visa application and the question ' has this applicant undertaken a health examination for an australian visa...' we haven't as waiting for CO to tell us.. is it 'wrong' to put no? putting no won't affect our visa application will it? So excited now on the visa application as it definitely feels we've been doing this for ages!!!

Fingers crossed you all hear soon too :)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing here either. Our agent is meeting today with an Australian Immigration team so hopefully we'll know more tomorrow about when we might expect a decision. She says she hasn't received any 190 approvals since those delay emails were sent out....

Anyone in this forum who applied for 190 in Jan/Feb 2015 and is yet to hear from the CO or is yet to be granted a Visa?

Sharing my timelines below:

EOI : 05.Dec.2014 (261111) | IELTS : Overall 7.5 | Invitation : 28.Jan.2015 (190 | VIC SS) | Visa Lodged: 07.Feb.2015 | Med.PCC.Form80 - Done | CO Contact : Awaited

I'm on 60 or 65 points, depending how they choose to measure my experience. But because we're sponsored, it doesn't make any difference what our points score is. Can't believe we're being treated like this. We're higher up the priority list as well .... supposed to be :/

Hi Sujiz - no updates here. Lodged in Jan, assigned a CO and then received the delay email. Our agent is optimistic we'll get the grant before 1st July but I'm not so sure....still July is only 8 weeks away now so it could be worse. Our agent has a meeting with immigration at the end of May so if we don't hear anything before then she might have an update at the end of May....

Which state are you going to?

I was aware of lot of us who applied in the month of Feb yet to hear from CO though its been over 3 months since we lodged the visa. But never realised there were Jan applicants still waiting for CO or for their visa.

Its been a long wait for some update. There is so much to do before the big move and this delay is definitely not helping...

Eeeeek! Came on looking for some positive info about time frame of applications and it appears everything is taking ages :no: I had an offer of SS on Tuesday and today I've just heard that my Invitation to apply came through so my application should be in this week. I'm here studying and really hoping it is through before student visa expires in July!! Fingers crossed!!

Eeeeek! Came on looking for some positive info about time frame of applications and it appears everything is taking ages :no: I had an offer of SS on Tuesday and today I've just heard that my Invitation to apply came through so my application should be in this week. I'm here studying and really hoping it is through before student visa expires in July!! Fingers crossed!!

Processing times are taking longer as the number of visas issued is reaching the cap for this year, but this cap resets at the start of the new administrative year on the 1st July. Some onshore applicants have been granted 190 visas, particularly if they will soon become unlawful due to an expiring visa. If I was you I wouldn't be concerned as I am sure your application will be processed in time.

I was aware of lot of us who applied in the month of Feb yet to hear from CO though its been over 3 months since we lodged the visa. But never realised there were Jan applicants still waiting for CO or for their visa.

Its been a long wait for some update. There is so much to do before the big move and this delay is definitely not helping...

This long delay is definitely not helping in making plans!! We've sold our house already and are living in a rented house which requires 8 weeks notice before we move...trying to judge when to hand in the notice is very tricky! Plus getting packed up and getting the shippers over.....so much to do!!

Same here, after submitting on the 4th Feb we gave notice to vacate our rental on the 30th April and boxed up all our belongings, my partner agreed to start a new job early May! Luckily the landlord had no one else ready to move in and so on the 29th April we have extended our stay until the end of May, and my partner's new employer are prepared to wait (for now). Still living in hope that we'll get the grant soon :mad:

Same here, after submitting on the 4th Feb we gave notice to vacate our rental on the 30th April and boxed up all our belongings, my partner agreed to start a new job early May! Luckily the landlord had no one else ready to move in and so on the 29th April we have extended our stay until the end of May, and my partner's new employer are prepared to wait (for now). Still living in hope that we'll get the grant soon :mad:

Fingers crossed you get your grant before end of May! We've got it set in our minds that we'll get ours in July when the numbers are refreshed (if it happens sooner that will be a bonus), at least this way we can start making plans based on a July grant...and that's only 7 weeks away now. You're very lucky they are holding the job for your partner, what industry in the job in? We're just starting looking around at jobs now to see what's available....

While I live in hope of a grant email arriving any morning now, we've also 'mostly' resigned ourselves to a July grant. My partner is a Dr. and we've lived in Aus previously on a 457, so she was able to find a job through connections she made in the first trip. They've been pretty good with the delay in the visa.

Hello guys thanks for all the precious info shared. I would like to know from anybody what are your takes on states who nominate the most.

I submitted my EOI for NSW and I'm wondering how long I will have to wait.

Thanks in advance