Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest66881

Internet Explorer to be retired.

Guest Guest66881
1398715376-8-ways-protect-yourself-microsoft-dangerous-internet-explorer-bug_original.jpg

Internet Explorer, everyone's favourite punching-bag browser, will soon be retired.

At the annual Microsoft Convergence conference in Atlanta this week, chief marketing officer Chris Capossela said the company is searching for a new name for its latest browser, which is on track to be debuted with Windows 10.

The company is currently developing the browser under the codename Project Spartan.

Also read: What Microsoft needs to do after Internet Explorer

While Internet Explorer won't be completely gone in Windows 10, it seems that it will slowly be phased out.

Aware of the criticisms being thrown at the browser, Microsoft released a series of

the last couple of years asking users to "
your relationship with Internet Explorer," and forget that "browser you
," in an effort to rehab its image.

YAHOO NEWS FEED

Been using chrome for years now and Firefox before that.

I'm assuming it is still slow and useless?

It won't be missed

....I Actually Live In Australia....And I'm Enjoying Life On The Gold Coast....It Is Possible You Know....

we are still on IE9 at work and it's very annoying...

309/100 visa application lodged 28/08/13 | Visa sub-class 309 granted 09/05/14 | 100 (PR) visa application lodged 27/09/15 | PR granted 13/04/16 | Citizenship application lodged 18/06/19 | Citizenship interview invite 02/03/20  22/09/20 | Citizenship interview 27/04/20 11/11/20 | Citizenship ceremony 26/01/21

Switched to Chrome because IE is so slow, especially here in Australia where the internet is really slow to start with. Aussie internet speeds plus IE are not conducive to peace and calm!

I use Firefox because I hate the way Chrome invades my privacy.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke