Guest Guest66881

Finders keepers, where do you stand on that rule?

Ok so if you found a $10 dollar note blowing around in the breeze and their was no one about who obviously just dropped it,you would drive 20 kms at least to the nearest police station.give me a break.

..........I would give that to a charity.....

..........as I said......if it's not mine........

..........I couldn't keep it.....!

..........if I couldn't find the owner.......it was a small amount unlikely to be claimed....

..........it's not mine to keep.......it would go to where it was most needed.......

.......IMO.......the rich man....!

........it belongs unquestionably to him......

.......there are no degrees in honesty IMO....

So the poor man is not more deserving of such a lucky windfall, because of the rich mans loss of a fiver who is going to be the main benefactor.it would not effect the rich man, but for the poor man it would have enriched his life.

What about my question#14 post enlighten me on your honesty.i just don't believe people would hand in a fiver or whatever denomination of note for that matter.knowing full well it is not traceable.even if you went to claim it, unless you know the serial number or its on cctv when you dropped it.

.......I've replied with what I feel comfortable with......

.......I don't think the amount matters.....

.......I don't know the circumstances of the person who lost it....

.......it could mean a little or a lot.....

.......that's their business......

.......if I couldn't return it to its rightful owner.......

.......I wouldn't keep it for myself......

So the poor man is not more deserving of such a lucky windfall, because of the rich mans loss of a fiver who is going to be the main benefactor.it would not effect the rich man, but for the poor man it would have enriched his life.

........the rich man could of worked hard all his life......!

........what right have I to give his money away.....

........being rich doesn't make him less deserving to have his property returned.....

........the poor man may be poor due to bad decisions......

.........like thinking he had fooled the credit company.....!

.........if I had the spare cash,.....I would buy him a meal........with my money........not someone else's.....!

........the rich man could of worked hard all his life......!

........what right have I to give his money away.....

........being rich doesn't make him less deserving to have his property returned.....

........the poor man may be poor due to bad decisions......

.........like thinking he had fooled the credit company.....!

.........if I had the spare cash,.....I would buy him a meal........with my money........not someone else's.....!

When can I come round I'm starving:laugh:

When can I come round I'm starving:laugh:

.......lol........you'd be welcome....!

I would hand it in. Most recently this happened at Flagstaff station where I went to the ATM and found $200 sitting in the slot and the receipt in the receipt slot. I handed it to the station staff. I have no idea whether they did anything with it or pocketed it, but at least I thought I had done the right thing.

Certainly no question about handing it back in that scenario. I also return money if I am given too much change as well and I point out if I have been undercharged. But if I saw a $10 note blowing along in the wind and there was nobody around who may have potentially dropped it, then I would pick it up and keep it without too much bother to my conscience.

If you find some money floating past in the street do you pocket it or see about handing it in somewhere,

Or anything that might be of value would you just keep it regardless or see about finding who owned it?

I found a $10 note out the back of a job in the middle of Sydney a couple of years ago, there was a homeless guy who used to sleep in one father doorways in the back alley, I went up and gave it to him. It wasn't mine and he needed it more.

If you give a tramp a tenner the only winner will be the alcohol shop. Your best bet would be to buy him $10 worth of food.

I found $2 the other day and gave it to my boy for his piggy bank. I didn't lose any sleep over it.

I wonder what the cost would be in police time if you handed in a small amount of money (a loose note) for them to try and locate the owner.... I bet it would outweigh the value handed in, so ultimately we as the tax payers would pay for you do gooding...

Someone who used to work at my firm a few years ago found some poor guys weekly wage packet on the floor of a pub and duly spent it.. I was disapproving of that, but all that was written on it was the amount and I think a name like Steve, nothing else. In that instance I would have handed it in (around 500 pounds from memory), If that was my money I would be fuming.

If I found just some loose money, as we all have from time to time I would keep it. I've never found a tenner and had a tramp near by to give it to, I doubt many of us have been in that exact scenario.

It's no big shakes, I've lost a tenner here and there before and the thought didn't cross my mind to go an report it to the Five 0.

Swings and roundabouts.

Voted worst new member 2011..... :err:

........neither are we now talking .....found items and money.....!

.........the mistake would eventually be found.....!

.........best put aside what's owed ready for when that happens ......IMO.....!

.......let me ask ..you a question......!

......A rich man walks down the street and drop a 20 dollar bill. You know he will not even notice it is gone. On the side of the street sits a beggar who looks really hungry.

.........who gets the money.....?

well after spending 18 months as i was working basically hand to mouth in my last job..... I was that begger! i found a fiver once, i was able to get some fuel for the fire that week!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.