Relocation within Melbourne with a toddler

amnAshraf

Hello!

We are a couple with a 14 month old toddler who have recently moved to Melbourne (Oz). Currently we are residents of Docklands but are looking to relocate and need the following points to be considered. We do not have a car or a driving lisence so the new accomodation has to be walkable or easily manageable in trams that dont take too long in taking us to grocerystores, shopping malls etc.

1. A Playgroup/Community Center/Parks for activities for toddler within walking distance or easily accessible via tram

2. My baby is learning how to swim, currently we are going to citybaths but a sub urb that would offer this as well would be a plus

3. Walking distance to the Library due to the activities organized for babies

4. My husband's workplace is in Docklands, so a suburb that is not too far away and takes about 20 minutes of tram/train to commute to work.

5. Walking distance or short distance accessible by tram for groceries

6. a good Kindergarten so I can register my baby enabling him to attend 2 years from now

7. Preferably well reputed Daycares if possible

8. Ideally looking for 350 to 450 pw fully furnished (1 Bedroom, 1 Parking) or 300 to 350 pw unfurnished (1 Bedroom, 1 Parking) ----(as we need to keep a car provision for future)

Apologies for the long list but the endless list of good suburbs has got me so confused. I love where I live - Docklands - and would not have considered relocating had it not been for the very high rental rates here

We are looking to move to an inner sub-urb for now, until my baby is of a school going age.

Many Thanks in advance for all your help! cheers!

Guest guest90395

Have a look at Hawthorn. We have 2 train stations (Glenferrie and Hawthorn) which get you into the City in 15 mins , trams, a library and the Hawthorn Aquatic Leisure Centre. Glenferrie Road has lots of shops and cafes too.

I don't know about kindy as we don't have kids but there are lots of families around so I'd imagine there are some.

• 1 month later...

This is a question off the wall as I notice that you have mentioned rental rates. Are you considering buying at all as that would in some cases make more economic sense given the low interest rates available? It would also allow you to build capital growth in your asset which you could release in later years given the current state of growth in Melbourne and its suburbs