BearnBob

PO Box Address

Dear All,

A strange one this which may be something or nothing.

We move to Victoria in a few weeks and will live in the school where I have a job, effectively in accommodation provided by the school to look after the pupils who live in the school!

I have just had the address through and at it is a PO Box so in effect our mail will come through the school, most probably through a pigeon hole type system. Its what I've had for the past seven years here so no major change but in the UK I don't have a PO Box address.

Am I right in thinking this might be a problem for some utilities, banks, soothing else or is that simply an experience of a minority?

Bear

Dear All,

We move to Victoria in a few weeks and will live in the school where I have a job, effectively in accommodation provided by the school to look after the pupils who live in the school!

I have just had the address through and at it is a PO Box so in effect our mail will come through the school, most probably through a pigeon hole type system. Its what I've had for the past seven years here so no major change but in the UK I don't have a PO Box address.

Am I right in thinking this might be a problem for some utilities, banks, soothing else or is that simply an experience of a minority?

Bear

In Australia PO Boxes are far more common than in the UK. Most places like banks actually ask for two addresses on their forms - Street address (your actual house) and Postal address (POBox). So many people live remotely and don't get regular mail deluveries that POBoxes are not unusual at all.

Dear All,

Bear

No a PO Box address won't be a problem. You may be asked for the street address as well if they need your actual location for some reason but mail will go to the PO Box.