Medicals

maisiedaisy

Hi, will be organising medicals in the not too distant future and will probably travel over to Manchester.

There's the Spire Hospital and Medmigration to choose from, anybody had any experience of either please.

Thanx

maisie

Hello,

We had our medicals with Medmigration at Bridgewater Hospital in Manchester - pleased with the process and Dr was pleasant and nice with my 2 mis-behaving boys! (Couldn't believe after speaking with them beforehand to be sensible and well behaved they were winding each other up resulting in the boys being hysterical and taking no notice of me from the examining table!)

Reports for the boys were uploaded same day and ours 2 days later once blood test results back. They were slightly cheaper too :-) = always helpful when the whole process costs a fortune!

Hope that helps :-)

Hello,

We had our medicals with Medmigration at Bridgewater Hospital in Manchester - pleased with the process and Dr was pleasant and nice with my 2 mis-behaving boys! (Couldn't believe after speaking with them beforehand to be sensible and well behaved they were winding each other up resulting in the boys being hysterical and taking no notice of me from the examining table!)

Reports for the boys were uploaded same day and ours 2 days later once blood test results back. They were slightly cheaper too :-) = always helpful when the whole process costs a fortune!

Hope that helps :-)

Hi Shelz - thank you for the information, I was drawn to Medmigration so we'll probably go with them

Best wishes

maisie

Hi, i've also recently been to Medmigration at the bridgewater. The appointment was made on the tuesday for the following friday. School holidays are busy times. We were in and out before our appointment time. We're on a 457 and was decided bloods and xray were not required.

Hi, i've also recently been to Medmigration at the bridgewater. The appointment was made on the tuesday for the following friday. School holidays are busy times. We were in and out before our appointment time. We're on a 457 and was decided bloods and xray were not required.

Thanx rObsk1 - we have to have the bloods and x-ray for our 143. I'll have to check when the kids are off and avoid those times - thanx again

regards

maisie

Thanx rObsk1 - we have to have the bloods and x-ray for our 143. I'll have to check when the kids are off and avoid those times - thanx again

regards

maisie

Hi, we rung up and they had a space the same afternoon - so we took the boys out of school for the afternoon to get them done. It seemed you were able to book ahead and we didnt need to pay until after the medicals :-)

• Like 1

I am waiting for my CO to be assigned and was wondering if anyone can advise me about medicals for kids?

Is there an age limit for those who have to have a medical? I thought I had read before that children under eleven don't need a medical. Is this the case? or is it a case by case and depends on the visa you apply for? Any info would be great.

Thanks.

No, kids still need a medical, they just don't get the whole shebang - can't remember if it's the blood test they skip or the xray or what. But they still need a medical.

Children under 11 years still need a medical - thy dont have the blood test or x-ray if you are in UK :-)

College girl and Shelz,

thanks for your replies. After looking more closely at my immi account and printing the medical forms on there I see now what the medicals entail for all. Medicals are booked for Easter Monday which will hopefully be the final piece of the jigsaw!!

We found the medicals to be a bit weird and unpleasant. Probably nothing to do with the place that did them (spire manchester), but strange. Not something you'd choose to do, but it's a means to an end.

in all fairness, that was the last thing we had to do for our visa. 2 weeks later it was granted

Edited by Captain Roberto

We found the medicals to be a bit weird and unpleasant. Probably nothing to do with the place that did them (spire manchester), but strange. Not something you'd choose to do, but it's a means to an end.

in all fairness, that was the last thing we had to do for our visa. 2 weeks later it was granted

Hiya

Oooooh! how do you mean weird and unpleasant? I'm not looking forward to it much I have to say!

regards

maisie

It was just standard stuff. Asked questions. Blood tests. BP etc. but cos its for your visa it felt a bit tense. Prob more to do with how we felt. Kids found it a bit weird. normally when I've been to the quacks, I don't have my wife and all my kids with me. It's a means to an end I guess! Just something to be got out of the way

Edited by Captain Roberto