Living in Coffs Harbour

Charlie m

Hi our son has moved to Coffs Harbour and we are hoping to move there when we sell up, is it easy for a 60 plus man to get a driving job or a job I believe it is more of a tourist place and also what is the rental like there could you get a rental for about €1400 to €1600 a month, I will be going with my wife, also a reasonable area not out in the country I know it is not has big as the city so if if any of you happy helpful people could help me I would be very grateful

many thanks

Charlie M :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

We moved to Coffs in November last year. Lovely place, not too big but has everything you would need. Plus beautiful scenery and lots of things to see and do if you like the outdoors.

We currently rent a 2 bed unit near the Jetty for $1100 a month.

However jobs seem really difficult to come by, to the point we are looking at moving as neither of us has had any luck finding anything suitable.

Best of luck with your move :)

Nyssa

We hope to get there soon enough on a 489 visa. Im a nurse and OH currently works for the local council as a highways operative (Mason). He has his HGV1 and so once we get there he will be getting the equivalent licence and hoping to pick something up quickly. As soon as I have the visa in my hand and the house is sod I shall start applying for jobs in the hope of getting something secured before we arrive. If we can find rentals approx $1500 a month for the 4 of us I will be very happy. Good luck Charlie M.. im sure something will come along, is your son enjoying Coffs !!

Archived