[rsms] will my employer know if I apply for citizenship?

ashenkitty

Hi. My rsms was granted 1 year ago, so I applied for citizenship. I won't quit my job even after I get the citizenship but I'm worried if my employer will get to know that I applied for citizenship. There were few rsms holders that quit right after they granted citizenship in the past. Although I promised her that I will work for 3 years, she seems to be sensitive about this. I just don't want to make any fuss. Well... since I already applied it without telling her, it will really be awkward if she finds out this. Thanks for reading and plz share your thought.

Hi. My rsms was granted 1 year ago, so I applied for citizenship. I won't quit my job even after I get the citizenship but I'm worried if my employer will get to know that I applied for citizenship. There were few rsms holders that quit right after they granted citizenship in the past. Although I promised her that I will work for 3 years, she seems to be sensitive about this. I just don't want to make any fuss. Well... since I already applied it without telling her, it will really be awkward if she finds out this. Thanks for reading and plz share your thought.

Your employment status is irrelevant when it comes to getting citizenship so DIBP don't have any contact with your employer, and unless you want to tell them they need never know.

I assume you have been in Australia for 4 years, even though you only got the RSMS visa a year ago?