You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Challis Pickett

Am I old enough to work?

It'll be my one-year anniversary of living in Australia on April 28th, and I thought I would've accomplished a little bit more than I have. Yeah, I've made friends and settled into school rather well, but what I really wanted to have by now is a job.

My resume is all ready finished, but the next step is rather vague. My birthday is November 28th 2000 which makes me 14 years and 3 months old. All I need to know really is: am I old enough to be employed? If anybody knows or has previous experience in this sort of stuff, it would be great to know!

I live in QLD by the way, I have no idea if that factors in at all.

Thanks

~CP

My step daughter in SA is your age and has been doing a couple of evenings a week in a pizza shop for a few months, so I'm guessing yes.

Someone at your school should be able to tell you for sure I'd think.

Good luck.

Has two beautiful Aussie little girls :-)

Yes ,you can start work at 13 with your parents consent and doing limited hours. My son has had part time jobs for the last few years, he is now 16, doing Yr12, has 2 part time jobs and a part time payed school based apprenticeship.

Lots of luck with you job search

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...