Labour Agreement

Steveglass

Hi, an answer to my next question would be greatly appreciated.

A company over in Brisbane have a labour agreement and have three sponsorships to offer out this year. My question is, if I were to go out on my own, could my wife and kids follow at any time or is there a period of time they need to travel out by before they can no longer be included on my visa?

Thanks in advance, Steve :)

Hi, an answer to my next question would be greatly appreciated. A company over in Brisbane have a labour agreement and have three sponsorships to offer out this year. My question is, if I were to go out on my own, could my wife and kids follow at any time or is there a period of time they need to travel out by before they can no longer be included on my visa? Thanks in advance, Steve :)

is this a Temp Visa one or a PR visa one .There are both. We came out in 2007 on a temp one which when we arrived we applied for the Pr one.All of this was done under a labour agreement.We all came over together and were all on the visa from the start .

If your wife and children are included on the visa application, they will have to enter Australia to activate their visas within a certain time frame. For permanent visas, that is usually within 12 months of the date of the earliest medical or PCC obtained by any of you but for temporary visas, they may have less time. Once their visas are activated, they can leave Australia if they wish and can return at any time while the visas are still valid.

You haven't told us whether it is a temporary or permanent visa and that (among other things) determines what, if any, medical is required. The type of visa also determines which conditions may result in a denial of the visa application.

For a permanent visa, all applicants will need a medical and if one fails, all fail. For temporary visas, the need for a medical is determined by a number of different factors.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/meeting-health-req.htm Meeting the Health Requirement

• 2 weeks later...

Here goes......

I have just had an email from the companies HR department saying that i need the equivalent to an Australian recognised AQF certificate 3 to qualify me for a sub 457 labour agreement visa with them. Is there an equivalent to this in the UK? If there is, what is it and what would be my route to achieve it?

thanks in advance, Steve.

In the UK, the rough equivalent of a CERT III is NVQ 2/GNVQ Intermediate. For many occupations however, a CERT III must include 2 years of on the job training to be acceptable, so if you have an NVQ2, it may not be enough.

You can get Australian qualifications through RTOs in the UK via RPL.