What is a good time to come??

sun2

I don't know about the job market but the best time of year would be in the Australian winter. The weather will be lovely then. It's very hot and humid in the summer and the wet season can last 'til about Easter.

I was under the impression that Darwin was hot and humid pretty much all year round and that they have wet seasons and dry seasons up there so no winter to speak of.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The dry season April-ish to September is really busy and full of tourists meaning a lot more tourism related job opportunities. The weather is also so much nicer which makes it a popular time to visit. September/October till December is build up time which makes it very hot and humid and then in theory January to March/April should be the wet season but we have had hardly any rain and it's felt like a very long build up!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

On 3/18/2015 at 14:32, lawyergal said:

The dry season April-ish to September is really busy and full of tourists meaning a lot more tourism related job opportunities. The weather is also so much nicer which makes it a popular time to visit. September/October till December is build up time which makes it very hot and humid and then in theory January to March/April should be the wet season but we have had hardly any rain and it's felt like a very long build up!

Yeah, I've been there in October. That was a really great choice !

On 3/3/2015 at 16:37, sun2 said:

Hello There,

I would like to know what would be a good season to come to Darwin? In terms of Weather and Job Market??

Any feedback in this regard would be a great help.

Cheers,

Jobs over the last 30 days.

https://au.jora.com/company:(leader newspapers)-jobs-in-Darwin NT?a=30&sp=facet_listed_date#email_alert_modal

Cheers, Bobj.

• 4 months later...
On 3/3/2015 at 20:34, NicF said:

I was under the impression that Darwin was hot and humid pretty much all year round and that they have wet seasons and dry seasons up there so no winter to speak of.

Nope, the winter (dry season) is absolutely glorious, warm sunny days and clear skies.  

• Like 1

On 3/3/2015 at 17:37, sun2 said:

I would like to know what would be a good season to come to Darwin? In terms of Weather and Job Market??

It depends what you're trying to achieve. If you're contemplating moving to Darwin, then I'd strongly recommend visiting in February or March.  That's the worst of the wet season.  It's very hot, very humid, torrential rain, everything in the house gets mouldy.  

If you come during the dry season, you'll be thrilled with the weather and will close your mind to the six months of the year when the weather is s***.  Much better to face up to the wet season and make sure you can handle it.  You''ll have the rest of your life to enjoy the beautiful winters if you do move there.

Remember that January is our long summer break - like July/August in the UK - so not much is happening on the job front in the run-up to Christmas or during January.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
Guest skiyFag

Im going to get 2 Technics SL-1210M5G Grand Master D Turntable

I need to know what would be the best mixer at 400 to 500 dollars. Thanks alot once again for the help in advance.