register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

sun2

What is a good time to come??

Hello There,

I would like to know what would be a good season to come to Darwin? In terms of Weather and Job Market??

Any feedback in this regard would be a great help.

Cheers,

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

I don't know about the job market but the best time of year would be in the Australian winter. The weather will be lovely then. It's very hot and humid in the summer and the wet season can last 'til about Easter.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

And not in January - If it's anything like Brissie, the job market will be closed for the hols!

I don't know about the job market but the best time of year would be in the Australian winter. The weather will be lovely then. It's very hot and humid in the summer and the wet season can last 'til about Easter.

I was under the impression that Darwin was hot and humid pretty much all year round and that they have wet seasons and dry seasons up there so no winter to speak of.

• Like 1

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.

Dale Carnegie – 1888-1955, Author and Lecturer

The dry season April-ish to September is really busy and full of tourists meaning a lot more tourism related job opportunities. The weather is also so much nicer which makes it a popular time to visit. September/October till December is build up time which makes it very hot and humid and then in theory January to March/April should be the wet season but we have had hardly any rain and it's felt like a very long build up!

Arrived in Australia on a working holiday visa 10/08/13 (to live with my partner), applied for De Facto Partner Visa 820/801 and granted bridging visa 09/07/14, last documents uploaded 22/12/14, contacted 09/07/15 by immigration and asked to have my medical done, medical completed 20/07/15, uploaded 27/07/15 and temporary partner visa (820) issued 27/07/15 :smile:

On 3/18/2015 at 14:32, lawyergal said:

The dry season April-ish to September is really busy and full of tourists meaning a lot more tourism related job opportunities. The weather is also so much nicer which makes it a popular time to visit. September/October till December is build up time which makes it very hot and humid and then in theory January to March/April should be the wet season but we have had hardly any rain and it's felt like a very long build up!

Yeah, I've been there in October. That was a really great choice !

Anytime from April (the run off) to October (the build up). Preferably early on due to the beginning of the tourist season. July and August are the coolest months, averaging 25 to 28C during the day.

Cheers, Bobj.

On 3/3/2015 at 16:37, sun2 said:

Hello There,

I would like to know what would be a good season to come to Darwin? In terms of Weather and Job Market??

Any feedback in this regard would be a great help.

Cheers,

Jobs over the last 30 days.

https://au.jora.com/company:(leader newspapers)-jobs-in-Darwin NT?a=30&sp=facet_listed_date#email_alert_modal

Cheers, Bobj.