189 Invitation with possible mistakes on EOI Advice!!

jadee

If you want DIBP to accept that you are in a marriage-like relationship, you're going to need to actually be in one. I don't want to sound mean but facts are facts. His documents etc still go to his mum's address after 3 years? His passport address and his address with his employer haven't been changed after 3 years? And you can't get statements from anyone other than yourselves? That's not a good look if you're trying to prove to DIBP that you really live together as a married couple but without the marriage certificate. Australia makes a major concession in allowing people who are not legally married to be accepted for immigration purposes and all they want is solid evidence that you've lived together for 12 months - that's not much! It's MUCH harder for unmarried partners who want to move to the UK and impossible for the USA which only accepts a legal marriage.

Thanks Oz, I appreciate that. I know exactly where you are coming from and know you're not being mean- just honest. Truth hurts! His mum literally lives minutes away so we've never seen the need to change anything. We are genuine and all our friends can submit some sort of a statement I suppose? But we haven't got a great deal of varied evidence. We are both god parents to my godchild, which I thought last night could be used as evidence? I'm clutching at straws. I'm going to wait until August until I resubmit my EOI so I have the bank statement I'm just thinking of additional evidence which doesn't look trivial?! Holidays is a good one I suppose although we've been together since 2010 we didn't go on holiday together until 2011, so that's the first "real" evidence I suppose. Has anybody got any advice on this? Thanks guys [emoji4]