Can my parents follow on my Visa?

xelishaxcx

Hii,

Im looking at moving over to Aus in Jan2016 on a 189.

My Parents will be staying in the UK whilst my sister continues with her studies but then hoping to follow me over when she has finished.

Can my parents come over to Aus on my Visa as they will both be over 50 at the time (50 and 55) and both with no skill. My mum is a nursey nurse and has qualifications but i dont think this is classed as a 'skill'

Has anyone else been in this situation? and its the only thing thats making me doubt the move hence why i still havnt applied for my visa.

Thanks in advance =)

No. They can not come on your visa.

After you you have been here 2 years, you could sponsor for a contributory parent visa (they would need to pass the balance of family test which depends on if you have brothers / sisters).

Be aware the current cost (you can assume it will rise in that time) is over $130k for two parents.

Would your parents actually want to uproot themselves from all they've known and built up over a lifetime? They may manage if they're very rich but looking at their ages and the fact that they are unskilled means they are not going to be able to set up anything that looks like a reasonable pension pot - getting work over 50 is very difficult! But no, of course they can't go on your visa!

Looks like you should go if you want and leave your parents to enjoy their old age.

Your mom is a "nursey nurse?" Is that something different to a nurse? Nursing is definitely a skilled occupation that would entitle her to her own visa, perhaps, though at over 50 it may be impossible to get all the points they need.

It's a child care worker, so no viss there.

If you cannot bring yourself to live the other side of the world from your parents then I would suggest that you banish any thoughts of emigrating from your mind and just get on with your life where you are. It seems highly unlikely that your parents will be able to follow you in any permanent way (even should they want to) and it sounds like they may have another 10 years+ of working life to go yet so even long 'holidays' may be out of the question too.

I am a nurse myself which i why i can get the Visa. My parents have alot of equity from their house. Their mortgage payments finish in June and so the house is theirs then. They want to move themselves once my sister has finished her midwifery studies. I was just wondering if they could come over on mine ... obviously not the case so they would have to get a 148.... all these visas are so confusing!! x

You can only include dependents on your visa, so your parents wouldn't qualify unless they are fully dependent on you financially and daily support. From what you've posted, that's not the case. So they'd need to look at getting their own visa, and the Contributory Parent Visa (143) is probably the best/only option. It's expensive and it requires them to pass the balance of family test. If you want to migrate, you may have to accept that they may not be able to join you.