You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Hi All,

I recently moved to Melbourne with my boyfriend on a 457 visa. I graduated this year with a first class honours in Business Studies, and have found it hard finding a job in Melbourne CBD. I'm interested in Marketing, Events Management and HR, and have previous work experience. I've applied to jobs on seek.com.au and not heard anything back, so would like to explore other avenues. What would you suggest? Or does anyone know of any jobs in these areas? Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

Lauren

I takes time. Even pr holders with experience can take several months to find work and the areas you are focusing on are competitive.

I'd volunteer, network - Most jobs in Brisbane are through who you know, and Melbourne is bigger and more professional but I'm sure contacts matter so much there too. I have been here 8 years, good qualifications and experience - applied for hundreds of jobs via Seek - never came to anything despite being repeatedly praised on the quality of my applications - gave up and worked on my contacts. Seek requires to much effort for too little reward IMO