Where to start a new life in Victoria?

LukeM

Currently living in Qld.

Thinking of making the move to Vic after my fiancee and I get married.

It will be the two of us and possibly a bun in the oven! Where would be a good place for us to start, based on this criteria?

- Reasonably central location. Preferably further from the CBD, as we're not really city people, but close enough to a decent shopping centre and with reasonably good links to the CBD if we need to go there for anything. I'll still be at Uni for example, so it might be beneficial to be able to access the CBD for that reason (though I'm thinking more about doing online study so I can do things a bit more at my own pace!)

- Easy access to doctors/hospital/chiropractor/other health services.

- Quiet. Must be quiet and "out of the way", family friendly, good for raising kids. Again - refer to above, we're not city people! :)

- Green!

- Relatively cheap - we would be renting, looking around the $370 per week mark. That's what we're paying at the moment for a townhouse. We would prefer to have something a bit more private. I don't really like townhouses/apartments. I like separation from neighbours! They've proven to be noisy here!

Currently living in Qld.

Thinking of making the move to Vic after my fiancee and I get married.

It will be the two of us and possibly a bun in the oven! Where would be a good place for us to start, based on this criteria?

- Reasonably central location. Preferably further from the CBD, as we're not really city people, but close enough to a decent shopping centre and with reasonably good links to the CBD if we need to go there for anything. I'll still be at Uni for example, so it might be beneficial to be able to access the CBD for that reason (though I'm thinking more about doing online study so I can do things a bit more at my own pace!)

- Easy access to doctors/hospital/chiropractor/other health services.

- Quiet. Must be quiet and "out of the way", family friendly, good for raising kids. Again - refer to above, we're not city people! :)

- Green!

- Relatively cheap - we would be renting, looking around the $370 per week mark. That's what we're paying at the moment for a townhouse. We would prefer to have something a bit more private. I don't really like townhouses/apartments. I like separation from neighbours! They've proven to be noisy here!

Have a look at Mooroolbark/Croydon/Kilsyth/Montrose/Lilydale. You will be amazed at what you can get for your money out there. All apart from Kilsyth and Montrose are on the rail link to the City. All are within easy reach of Eastland shopping mall by car or bus and all are on the edge of the Dandenong ranges, a beautiful National Park area with loads to explore and enjoy. You can achieve all your other criteria in this area too.....good luck!!

• 2 weeks later...