did u live in essex area ?

Guest leanne in queensland

Guest retiringgraham

Hi we are having a fantastic time even better than we expected Have settled in well both have jobs house all sorted and friends visiting from the UK Made a few very very good friends What about you . Oooooooooooooo we moved from Ilford and Romford

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi just looking for people that used to live in the essex area before moving to queensland lots of northerns here so trying to find someone like me to even it out. I live in the sunshine coast not far from coolum beach i have 5 kids aged 13,12,10.5 and 5 months have only lived in queensland for a few months but lived in adelaide before that for 2 years. well if anyone is there give me a bell !!:unsure:

Hi Leanne.... we lived in CHELMSFORD before we moved out here 3 years ago... the best move we ever made...THIS PLACE ROCKS :) :notworthy:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys n Girls, Thought id put my two bobs worth in. OH & I lived in Romford, had our 4 kids in Harold Wood & Queens Hospitals. We made the great move to Brisbane back in Feb last year - best thing we ever did, although I confess that I miss Lakeside!! lol but lifes pretty fantastic so mustnt grumble.

If anyones up for a meet on the coast / barbie in the park we're up for it. We're living pretty much in between Brisbane & The Gold Coast so dont mind travelling up or down.

Bye for now. Jen

Guest lizndave
Hey - nothing wrong with us Taff's :cute:! lol. I'm from Cardiff now live in Braintree hoping to be in Bribane next year!!!!! :daydreaming:

Tracey.

Hey tracey we lived in Great Notley now in perth and prob coming to Brissy. Where abouts in Braintree you from ???

Guest Mrs PuffPuff

Arrrw, what a post. Yup im from Colchester too.

I've been to Rush Green Hospital and my folks got hitched in Hornchurch's church. Have never been to Romford market and doubt I ever will. My partner and I have been granted our 175 visa's but i've just gota pass the dam Ielts so I can join Queensland nursing registration. We will be moving to Queensland once ive passed the dam test!!!!!

xxx

• 2 months later...
Guest graham spragg

Hi all,

Me and my partner will be joining you in Bris-vegas in October!!

We have been trying for a visa for the last 2 years, finallly got accepted in Febuary this year.

We were both born and bread in Essex and would love to hook up with some fellow southerners when we arrive!

We spent a year in Brisbane in 05-06 and whilst we love the aussies; sometimes hearing a voice from home does you a world of good!!

Being the other side of the world can be a little daunting at first.

Mind you; a bit of 35degree sunshine and a stubbie can help!!

Well, we're off to enjoy the British sun while it lasts!!

Graham & Michelle :)

Hi all,

Me and my partner will be joining you in Bris-vegas in October!!

We have been trying for a visa for the last 2 years, finallly got accepted in Febuary this year.

We were both born and bread in Essex and would love to hook up with some fellow southerners when we arrive!

We spent a year in Brisbane in 05-06 and whilst we love the aussies; sometimes hearing a voice from home does you a world of good!!

Being the other side of the world can be a little daunting at first.

Mind you; a bit of 35degree sunshine and a stubbie can help!!

Well, we're off to enjoy the British sun while it lasts!!

Graham & Michelle :)

Hi Graham

Where are you at the mo and where are you heading?

JOHN

Guest graham spragg

Hi John

Were currently living in Collier Row which is in Romford, enjoying our last summer in England before we leave in october.

We'll be heading for South Brisbane to be close family and friends we made when last visited.

Where do you live?

Are you still in the country?

Graham and Michelle

Hi John

Were currently living in Collier Row which is in Romford, enjoying our last summer in England before we leave in october.

We'll be heading for South Brisbane to be close family and friends we made when last visited.

Where do you live?

Are you still in the country?

Graham and Michelle

Hi Graham

We are in Colchester and are leaving in December. House sold and now just waiting for our best friends wedding to take place then we are off. I am flying next week to Brisbane for a week as I have an interview with the police. If all goes to plan I am looking at joining the academy in February 2011. My wife used to live in colly row and I was stationed in Hainault many moons ago. What do you both do?

JOHN

Guest graham spragg

Hi John

My fiancee Michelle works at Hainault in admin and i'm a electrician working all over.

We've also had to wait for a couple of weddings this summer.

Do you know where abouts in Brissie you would like to settle?

Good luck with your interview next week.

Graham

Hi John

My fiancee Michelle works at Hainault in admin and i'm a electrician working all over.

We've also had to wait for a couple of weddings this summer.

Do you know where abouts in Brissie you would like to settle?

Good luck with your interview next week.

Graham

Not quite yet as it will depend where the boss gets a job. Whatabout you?

JOHN

Guest pablofet1

We lived in Thundersley, Rayleigh then Leigh-on-Sea before moving to Brisbane.

Hubbie is already there and we are joining him in 2 wks today. (staying with in-laws for now)

We have 2 girls 6 & 3

Mel:biggrin:

We lived in Thundersley, Rayleigh then Leigh-on-Sea before moving to Brisbane.

Hubbie is already there and we are joining him in 2 wks today. (staying with in-laws for now)

We have 2 girls 6 & 3

Mel:biggrin:

Good luck. I believe we have spoke before? Where are you settling?

JOHN

Guest graham spragg

Hi John were thinking about south Brissie, maybe Regents park, Boronia heights, Hillcest, Browns plains, Sunny bank these sort of area's

Graham

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Seabird50
hi just looking for people that used to live in the essex area before moving to queensland lots of northerns here so trying to find someone like me to even it out. I live in the sunshine coast not far from coolum beach i have 5 kids aged 13,12,10.5 and 5 months have only lived in queensland for a few months but lived in adelaide before that for 2 years. well if anyone is there give me a bell !!:unsure:

Hi Leanne

Moved to Adelaide from Ipswich and prior to that, Colchester, four years ago. Still got grown up daughter and her two sons in Colchester. Grew up in Romford. Planning a move to Brissie early next year. Will be in Brissie during the 6th to 8th August for the Uni open day for daughter...

Best

Guest cazbeckham

Hi

We lived in Dagenham or for the posh people DARGENHAM, Essex for a few years, then moved to Elm Park, South Hornchurch, Essex for 20 years, then last 5 years we lived in Ely, Cambridgeshire before emigrating in Oct 2008 to the Sunshine Coast in Buderim.

I know where I love the most now and that is HERE................

Miss my Son and his Fiance terribly, who is still in UK but have my Daughter and Son in Law in Brissie.

But talking of Northerners as well, I was born in Rochdale, Lancashire but never had a Lancashire accent as I was only 18 months old when family moved to Dagenham, Essex.

Guest GThomas

Soon as I saw Essex I thought, wots this!! I'm from Chelmsford meself and I know a couple of gezzers from Brentwood and Romford living down the Gold Coast, and some doris from Colchester.... lovely.

Guest kimmie

Hi Leanne

Recently arrived in Queensland, also lived in Adelaide for 3.5 years. Originally from East End of London, but family all living in and around Brentwood area. Living in Northlakes currently, not keen on the new development thing finding it a bit isolating. Only have lease for 6 mths, plan to move elsewhere once I find somewhere that I feel I fit... how is it where you are?

Kim

Guest kimmie

Hi Leanne, not sure if I'm doing this correctly, already posted a reply but it didnt seem to appear, thought after looking at others i'd try it this way!!! Originally from London, most of family living in and around Brentwood area. Recently moved to QLD, also lived in Adelaide for 3.5 yrs previously... living in Northlakes currently, not really liking the new development here, too isolating!! Only have 6 mths lease so plan to move elsewhere, not sure tho.... how is it where you are?

Kim

Guest Seabird50
Hi Leanne

Recently arrived in Queensland, also lived in Adelaide for 3.5 years. Originally from East End of London, but family all living in and around Brentwood area. Living in Northlakes currently, not keen on the new development thing finding it a bit isolating. Only have lease for 6 mths, plan to move elsewhere once I find somewhere that I feel I fit... how is it where you are?

Kim

Hi Kim

How have you found the move to Brissie compared to the move from the UK to Adelaide? We seem to be following you round...

Archived