did u live in essex area ?

Guest leanne in queensland

Guest Birdiesinoz

We moved from Rainham (Essex) November 2003 to Western Suburbs (Westlake). Lived in Dagenham and went to school there, also lived in OZ for 3 years (mum got homesick so we went back), kids born in Barking and Rush Green hospitals and shopped regularly in Romford Market and Lakeside!

:cool:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We moved from Rainham (Essex) November 2003 to Western Suburbs (Westlake). Lived in Dagenham and went to school there, also lived in OZ for 3 years (mum got homesick so we went back), kids born in Barking and Rush Green hospitals and shopped regularly in Romford Market and Lakeside!

:cool:

Small world, our son was born in Rush Green hospital, went to school in dagenham,what school did you go to? and always down Romford market. Cousin in Rainham.

Hey Jo' date=' who cares where anyone comes from??? all in same boat! catch up with ya soon - rellies have now gone - the all inclusive hotel is closed for the moment!![/quote']

It's a lovely feeling isn't it?:yes:

Agree; doesn't matter to me either!

See you soon,

Jo x

Guest Birdiesinoz
Small world, our son was born in Rush Green hospital, went to school in dagenham,what school did you go to? and always down Romford market. Cousin in Rainham.

I went to Dagenham Priory in School Road (near Broad Street) and then on to Havering Technical College (Ardleigh Green Road). What about you?

I worked in Romford (Halifax) for 10 years so was always in the market.

Guest philandjo

yea.. we too are from essex..... made the big move in feb 2008.. 3 months later and loving it. we,re in redcliffe.....met loads of brits..... none from essex tho !!!

Guest 5immo

Im a Brentwood boy and was born in Haroldwood hospital 30 years ago :goofy:.

I live in Marochydore with my fiancee(whos an Aus) and we are expecting our first baby in 3 weeks. Im pretty excited!!

Im a Brentwood boy and was born in Haroldwood hospital 30 years ago :goofy:.

I live in Marochydore with my fiancee(whos an Aus) and we are expecting our first baby in 3 weeks. Im pretty excited!!

Congratulations to you both, bet you can't wait.:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

hi just looking for people that used to live in the essex area before moving to queensland lots of northerns here so trying to find someone like me to even it out. I live in the sunshine coast not far from coolum beach i have 5 kids aged 13,12,10.5 and 5 months have only lived in queensland for a few months but lived in adelaide before that for 2 years. well if anyone is there give me a bell !!:unsure:

crocs ate em all

Guest The Baggo's

I was born in rush green hospital. Grew up in Hornchurch. My mum has still got a shop in Romford Market - pretty grim there now!! We are just up the road from you in Robina!

I was born in rush green hospital. Grew up in Hornchurch. My mum has still got a shop in Romford Market - pretty grim there now!! We are just up the road from you in Robina!

We lived in Hornchurch before coming over, down Slewins Lane, son went to Campion school, I know what you mean about the market, went back there last year, could'nt believe how grotty it had become, even down South Street, there was just so much litter and cr*p lying everywhere, shame cos used to love going there, what shop does your Mum have??? We used to love going to the Teapot in the shopping hall on market days!!!!!!:jiggy:

• 2 months later...
Guest melmel

Heya!

Im not living in QLD i'm in Melbourne, but im from Essex, so I thought I would leave a reply!!

Was born in Harold Wood hospital, lived in Hornchurch and moved to Clayhall (near Barkingside) - no ones ever heard of it! lol! Been in OZ 9 months, and applying for my spouse visa in Sept!

Good luck to everyone!

Guest The Baggo's
We lived in Hornchurch before coming over, down Slewins Lane, son went to Campion school, I know what you mean about the market, went back there last year, could'nt believe how grotty it had become, even down South Street, there was just so much litter and cr*p lying everywhere, shame cos used to love going there, what shop does your Mum have??? We used to love going to the Teapot in the shopping hall on market days!!!!!!:jiggy:

Hey, I had a flat in Slewins Lane. My mum has the furniture shop in Quadrant Arcade . Anyway, glad I am here now!!

Guest The Baggo's
Ooh I used to go to Clacton Butlins when I was a nipper..its all gone now though...My hubby comes from West Ham/Canning Town but always hug out with his mates in Essex..His sister lives in Chingford

x

Hey Jo, did Paul go to either Trinnity or Eastleigh as Terry did and he is also a plasterer by trade - you never know its a small world!!

Guest koala12

Hi.

I've heard of it.....I lived there myself for many years!!! I am now living in Sydney but moved here in September 2006 from Newbury Park but prior to that lived in Clayhall and Barkingside for years!!!

Karen

No kids, live inwestern suburbs of Brissie!

Been here over 3 years and used to live in Romford and Sth OCkendon adn Ilford!

Hi Jo

My OH comes from Essex. He used to live in South Ockendon, Daiglan Drive then moved to Humber Ave. He has family still in South Ockendon, small world

Rita

Guest huckeys

hey i lived at south ockendon in essex and my nephew who has just arrived in oz comes from beenfleet in essex he is 26 and looking to meet some new friends sue tony shane nikki and brad new to oz

Guest KP Nuts
Ooh I used to go to Clacton Butlins when I was a nipper..its all gone now though...My hubby comes from West Ham/Canning Town but always hug out with his mates in Essex..His sister lives in Chingford

x

Hi Jo, where in Chingford does Paul's sister live... Mr KP and I are both from Chingford, and althou we used to go to the same school, we actually meet in the King's Head pub at North Chingford, i was the bar maid...........lol

KP Nuts

Guest Dionne and Rickie

We are both from Dagenham both born in Rushgreen hospital and went to Robert Clack school, our children were both born at Harold Wood hospital which is also not there any more. We moved to Canvey island 4 years ago one of the best things we ever did the second best thing will be moving to Brisbane next year.!!!!!!!!!

Guest retiringgraham

Hi. We ae not in Queensland yet still waiting for visa which we hope to have in the next few months. We Live in Newbury Park and are looking to move to Buderim. Trying to find out what the job market is like in that area I'm looking for Loss Prevention manager and my partner is looking for a Nail Tech job. Graham & Julie

• 1 year later...
Guest lizndave

i no it is an old post we are looking at coming over to Brisbane currently in Perth been here 3 years.

We are both from Essex even though Hubby was born in barking and i was in harold wood hospital.

DAve is from Burnham on Crouch and i lived in Upminster, Bulphan, Chelmsford and then both of us in Great Notley before coming here.

How are you all finding it out on the lovely east coast.

You never know if any of you went to Brentwood County High or Hall Mead i might no ya

Cheers Guys

Archived