189 visa lodged February 2015.

Pinkestlady

Hi all,

I have uploaded all our documents, including police checks and our medicals came through on the weekend. I was just wondering if anyone knew when its likely for someone to get in contact letting us know if there's anything else needed or weather or not what we have supplied is sufficient. Does anyone know when a CO is likely to be assigned? Is is at the end of the 60 day time frame or do they get in contact once the medicals are in?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

I have uploaded all our documents, including police checks and our medicals came through on the weekend. I was just wondering if anyone knew when its likely for someone to get in contact letting us know if there's anything else needed or weather or not what we have supplied is sufficient. Does anyone know when a CO is likely to be assigned? Is is at the end of the 60 day time frame or do they get in contact once the medicals are in?

Thanks in advance

When medicals, PCCs and all documents are uploaded, it's not at all unusual to never hear from a CO and many complete applications simply get a Direct Grant. You will only be contacted if something else is needed. When it comes to 189s, 'no news is good news'.

Good stuff buddy. Keep us posted about the progress.

CO's are into 'first two weeks of feb' applicants. Phew...

Hi Harryc

Where did you get your info from re your quote about COs being into first 2 weeks of feb? The immi website states for the 189 and 190 that if you applied in Jan you have been allocated to a team. But after Jan the it seems the processing is Indeed slowing down.

Hi clc26

where did you get the info re COs being assigned to all Jan applicants? Do you have the website/address please?

Hi Joachim, here is the website and note that not all Jan applicants have been allocated to teams http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.aspx

190 visa - applicants from 28th Jan or before have been allocated to teams

189 visa - applicants from 13th Jan or before have been allocated to teams

From the visa tracker it is clear that these dates are in effect 'worst case scenarios' and that many people who applied after these dates have been allocated COs, and some have had visas granted.

From the link above:

'The Migration Programme planning level for the Skilled Nominated category now has limited number of places left for the 2014-15 programme year. This means processing times will be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the Department cannot grant further visas in this category during this programme year.'

I assume that the Skilled Nominated category is 190 visa only, and that quotas will not impact 189 visa; I am quite possibly wrong on this however.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/results/27-march-2015.aspx

The March 2015 report from skills select (above link) is also interesting because of the number of 489 visa invitations granted in Feb and March 2015, compared to previous months. These 489s are priority group 3, compared to priority group 4 for 189s, and the extra workload from the increased number of 489 visas may impact processing times for 189s. Obviously I am just speculating and I have no knowledge to how visas are processed or prioritised, just thought it was interesting.

Good stuff buddy. Keep us posted about the progress.

CO's are into 'first two weeks of feb' applicants. Phew...

Hi Harryc

Where did you get your info from re your quote about COs being into first 2 weeks of feb? The immi website states for the 189 and 190 that if you applied in Jan you have been allocated to a team. But after Jan the it seems the processing is Indeed slowing down.

can you give me the link to where it says that on the immi website? I didn't realised they put current stuff up, thought it was just a generic time guide they had. Trust me to apply in February if things are slowing down.

Edited by Ozmaniac
Fixed quote

Hi Harryc

Where did you get your info from re your quote about COs being into first 2 weeks of feb? The immi website states for the 189 and 190 that if you applied in Jan you have been allocated to a team. But after Jan the it seems the processing is Indeed slowing down.[/quotea

can you give me the link to where it says that on the immi website? I didn't realised they put current stuff up, thought it was just a generic time guide they had. Trust me to apply in February if things are slowing down.

Oops, sorry I thought I included the link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.aspx

You all are making me nervous with all this talk of Visa Caps and slowing things down :( I'm just going to pretend I've never heard any of this, bury my head in the sand and fully expect a direct grant come Monday morning upon waking. I already have my happy dance all planned out! :)

Me too, very worrying. Especially since only one grant has been given in the tracker each day for the last two days.

I'm sure we'll be fine. They were handing them out like parade candy and there was that big jump this week from the end of Jan all the way to the 12th of Feb. I'll bet they process all the way to the 19th or even 20th by next Tuesday night.

We're good, We're good .....I'll just keep telling myself that ;)

Hi all - my agent has just advised that the grants will be slowing down now as we move towards 1st July as the number of visas for each year are limited. This is for a 190 visa so I'm not sure if this will be the same for 189's; has anyone else been advised of the slow down? Thanks!

Seems we're both waiting for the same pot of gold at the end of a very long rainbow. Not as long as it used to take, I've heard, but the length of a piece of string only really matters when you're the one holding it :)

Could also be slowing down because of the Easter break, alot of people are heading off on hols here today (Thursday) (despite the rain!!) I'm fed up of looking at the tracker lol.....I feel like we are near yet so far!

True! Why don't COs work 24 hour shifts?!! :wink:

Have a great Easter, eat loads of chocolate and hot cross buns, and keep an eye out next week. Hopefully they'll be back at their desks with renewed energy and we'll be receiving happy emails soon.

hi guys,

fingers crossed for all of us. we submitted our application on 6th of Feb and front loaded all the documents except Form 80. Got an e-mail requesting for Form 80 and CV for both myself and my wife as well as PCC on 30th March. Not sure what happened to the PCC that I uploaded so resent them again as well as reattached to the online application. Uploaded all requested documents yesterday. Waiting for the good news now. Hopefully it will be soon

Erm tomorrow is good Friday, therefor a bank holiday sadly. Probably won't hear anything until Tuesday at the earliest now. Although I am concerned that there were no visas granted on the tracker today and only one for the last two days. Sigh.

Damn (hanging my head in deep depression) :sad: