189 visa lodged February 2015.

Pinkestlady

Hi everyone. So good to see that there's so many putting applications in! It's definitely made me have a more positive view on submitting mine in the coming weeks!

The only thing I am worried about is the IELTS exam as I need to score a minimum of a Grade 8 in each module. Can anyone advise how they found their IELTS exam? I am due to submit my skills assessment to TRA next month. After that has been ascertained, I'll be looking at booking in for my IELTS exam.

Thanks

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi PomCop,

Personally I was confident that I will get what I want in the first attempt, and didnt book/start studying for the exam, until I receive a positive reply on the skills assessment. it turned out to be I was overconfident and let my self down as I have scored 7.5- 8 on all but 6.5 in writing. I needed 7 on all modules. so I had to book for the second time and get the scores I wanted. this has delayed the EOI and then the Visa application by a good month +.

My personal advice is start studying sooner rather than later and if you didnt get 8 in all modules, try again. its a daunting task to study the whole thing again and again but only way to overcome this hurdle is practice, practice and practice.

there are loads of free resources available on the net.

Ohh..and my exam experience showed the markers for speaking and writing dont have a box standard marking scheme (they follow certain guidance).- one can give you 7.5 and the another can give 8. so there is a bit of luck as well (I have done the exam in 2 difference centers)

good luck mate

HarryC

Thank you for your reply! I started some studying today... But looks like I might have some extra time on my hands anyway. I've just posted a new thread about it- in regards to my certificate issue date.

If you wouldn't mind taking a look: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/229284-certificate-issue.html

Thanks!

Hey,

Just to easy your mind about the IELTS, if you're a native English speaker you won't have a problem at all. I didn't look at any study material, wasn't aware of the format and had no idea what to expect when I got there and my lowest score was 8.5/9. It's really very easy. If you have the time to study I certainly would put some time in but just so you're aware, it's a fairly simple test just to see if you get the basics.

Hello, we are at the same place too. We were supposed to be having our medicals tomorrow but they've cancelled because of their x-ray machine breaking down! Hopefully we'll get them done on Saturday. We are waiting for our police checks back then will be uploading everything. Its so exciting. The hubby and I first visited Oz 10 years ago, and ever since then we've wanted to immigrate, now we're finally doing it (with 3 boys in tow :-))

Good luck everyone with your applications

Bad news for us, our age stopping us from getting into Oz hubby is 49. Though there are plenty jobs for him we cannot a visa.....so we raking the long route... Daughter n son have no probs getting into oz and gave started theirs process, cannot face a future without them in our life. So NZ it is for 5 yrs then over to Oz.... Though this route is not ideal at least they can activate their visa in oz then live in ZnZ with us for a few years then they return to Oz n we follow after our term in NZ.....

Hi,

First time post, but thought I should share my info for the greater good! Looking to move out to Perth / WA soon to be with my partner who recently moved to follow a PhD. Have been getting nervous since the "processing - please wait for the department to contact you" status on the ELodgement page and no other info - I feel there should be a button to press for the next stage!

EOI submitted 18/01/15, invitation 23/01/15, applied 01/02/15 and all paperwork submitted by 18/02/15. Medical completed 06/02/15, presumably successfully as it changed to "finalised".

Hopeful to hear something by next month, as I presume is everyone else! Hopefully the next step will be to find work! If not, perhaps to write a book/memoirs on applying for a 189...

Cheers, and good luck everyone! :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, Is it just me or does it seem like there are less than half the amount of Feb applicants as Jan? I know the spreadsheet has a lot fewer February applicants and that isn't probably a good indicator of the overall number of applicants in any given month but it does seem like there are fewer of us. Maybe we'll process through more quickly once we get all of these Januarys out of the way. ???? Here's to wishful thinking!!!!

Hi all,

i'm to this site but it was recommended by a good friend of mine, who moved out to Queensland 4 yrs ago and has never looked back. We have migration agents working on our application as we don't have a clue lol and as I am 45 in August, I don't have time to screw any of the process up. So I have find my ielts, sent all my documents over incl. police reports and transcripts for my degree, once the documents are received the skills assessment will be carried out, unfortunately this takes 12 wks, then 2 wks for state sponsorship then 5 wks for the visa. It's taking so long that I just want to move over now and wait for the visa lol. I am a nurse, I need to apply for Ahpra, does anyone know how long that takes? Need to book medicals soon too. The waiting is torture ...

Dear Love...

I dont think they have touched Feb applicant just yet but we are not too far off. I have applied on 13th and submitted all the docs except form80. (same as the pinkestlady)

By looking at the tracker they are trawling around the applications that are made by end of Jan.

Shaky time begins!!!!

Hi everyone!

Im alex and im looking for a bit of info/advise please.

Im 29 year old single male. im a bricklayer of 10+ years with an nvq2 (qualified 2007)

im looking at applying for the 189 but only started this morning. ive read alot of this forum and it sounds as though most have gone throught the application for 189 by themselves. has anyone used a company to organise their application. what are the cost dofferences?

any help would be much appreciated, never used a forum before. thanks

Hi Alex,

I was asking me so many similar questions to myself even before starting the process last year Nov. only reason I have opt to go with an agent purely due to my intense work schedules and a certification I am looking to finish by mid 2015. I am on the Computer networks side of things BTW.

I am pretty sure I would have done most of the stuff by myself - but having gone through many threads, there are still odd mistakes people makes - I want an error free application process.

first part is applying for ACS accreditation. then EOI process (probably easiest one) and lastly the bigger one, applying for a Visa. As I am applying for a family of 4, the process is much bigger than applying for one. (Eg - I have 2 passports, Wife had to obtain PC from another country .. and many more....)

TBH, I am bit tired of my lifestyle here and dont want to make any mistakes in the migration process, then comes looking for an agent. Emailed many and looked at the reviews ect ect and got hold of one. who, I should say exceeded my expectations. no Bu*****s. straight to the point always.

I generally help my clients no matter what time of the day (via email) when possible and this agent is exactly in the same boat as me. we even exchanged emails on a Sat night after 11 or Sun. Right, no more about the agent.....

So I have agreed a payment options with the agent to split it for every process (3 major processes). If one process failed, then I wont be paying anything extra. first I had set a call with the agent to see am I eligible and can apply, FOC of course, then started the process. I have done a lot of hard work and research during the ACS assessment process (one employer was hesitant in giving me letters - thats another long story ). - Agent done LOOOAAAADS of hard work at the visa applying process and gave me good support in gathering the supporting docs.

Still waiting for an outcome after some tough times but waiting seems to be even tougher.

my personal advice is to contact the agents and try and set up a free initial phone consultation, they will give you the idea of the costs and whether you will easily succeed in your application, Then take it from there.

Hope my long post will help.

Good luck Buddy

Edited by HarryC

A friend of mine got his grant today in the morning, he was not asked for Form 80, he lives in Aus though....He applied his PR on 25th January and his mate applied on 27th, who also got his grant.

So, next week onwards, Feb people will start getting CO assignations!!

Good luck and Cheers!!!

A friend of mine got his grant today in the morning, he was not asked for Form 80, he lives in Aus though....He applied his PR on 25th January and his mate applied on 27th, who also got his grant.

So, next week onwards, Feb people will start getting CO assignations!!

Good luck and Cheers!!!

Getting scary/exciting......we sent off for PCC yesterday but was the last thing we needed to do - just need to upload when we have the certificates back.....now to plod on with the repairs on the house so we can get it on the market soon :-)