189 visa lodged February 2015.

Pinkestlady

I couldn't find a thread for February applications so thought I'd start one myself. We lodged our visa application today and uploaded all documents and PCC's. Just need to arrange our medicals now. So exciting!!

It looks like applications are being processes within a couple of months at the moment, so fingers crossed the wait isn't too long.

Looking forward to seeing responses from fellow February applicants. Yay!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, Wish you all the best for this, i am intrigued to see your progress, i have starting making moves for application for the Skilled Independent Visa also. I am heading out to perth on holiday in 2 weeks :D cant wait, definitely is exciting stuff.

Best of luck! And enjoy your holiday. I'm envious, it's been almost 2 years since my last visit

Hi everyone...

Good to hear the visa applications are being processed so quickly, fingers crossed for us all!!

we submitted our 189 on Friday 13th and front loaded all documents, medicals were completed yesterday so are due in Oz tomorrow and police clearance came through today and uploaded... Scary how real it all is now, excited to see everyone's progress! New to PIO, will add a signature to show our very long road of progress shortly oh and expensive but very worth it!! Good luck gang :)

Hi guys, We also submitted our application on the 13th. All docs were front loaded except FBI and medicals. The FBI report came and I loaded it today. We have the medicals being done for the entire family on March 2nd and 3rd. Can't wait! Now we're just working on the houses, trying to get them ready to list for sale once the PRV comes in. Congrats to all of you on getting to this point! We are looking at settling in the Sunshine Coast are of Queensland. Where are you all headed?

Good to hear from you Ninny and Doctdavis. Congratulations on your application. I'll keep an eye on you guys as you have applied just before us. We are headed to Canberra, aiming for June or July. My sister and her family live there. I can't wait to have more time with them and my niece and nephew especially. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's progress on here.

Everything crossed we get a speedy turnaround on our visas! Excited to see everyone's progress too!!

we are heading to Perth, we have friends there mainly doing the move for a better lifestyle with our 2 daughters! We are a little more impulsive as once visa (hopefully) is granted we are looking to make the move within 4-6 weeks, hoping for a holiday in KL or Singapore em route to! Sold out house last year so no ties holding us back!!

Good luck with house sales doctdavies, hope it's not too stressful!

How lovely having family, very exciting times for you and them, makes it easy with family being there when you first arrive I bet?! Xx

Yes I'm sure it will make it much easier. We are planning on stopping for a belated honeymoon in thailand on the way too. It will soon be here! X

Aww congrats!! Great place too honeymoon, rude not to stop over somewhere en route after all the hoop jumping and stress getting thru the before and visa process!!

does anyone know much about the form 80? Seen a re comments online (forgot which posts) and a few people have mentioned these forms to fill in, I've looked in our IMMI account and can't see anywhere that says we need to fill these in so was wondering if I'm missing something? More confusion! ?

Hey Ninny,

I have seen a few posts where people talk about the form 80. From what I can gather it is not always required and can depend on your CO. Others have said that it's worth it to go ahead and fill it out and submit it just in case so that it doesn't slow you down in any way by not having it. I went ahead and filled one out for myself, wife and oldest child. It is a bit$h of a form. It asks to list every job you've ever had since birth, every school you've ever attended (including primary schools) and to list pretty much every relative you have as well. I have a huge family (9 siblings) and we moved a lot so it took some time to complete.

I just figured I'd err on the side of caution and have it filled out and front loaded.

Good luck.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to add to the thread... we had our invitation to apply on Thursday 12th Feb, and then our Emigration agency submitted our documents on the 17th Feb. So now is just the wait! We have not booked our medicals or Police Checks as yet, waiting to be instructed on this one I think! We are going to the Gold Coast, Queensland on a 189 skilled visa, my husband is a engineer!! Looking forward to seeing how this goes!! xxx

Hi folks,

I'm pleased to say that I lodged last night. Been genuinely looking forward to the chance of posting on one of these threads.

I received the invertation to apply on the 22nd of January and lodged today, after completing my form 80, getting my empolyment proof together and copy of my new passport. As yet I haven't applied for my police check and medical, I'm waiting for instruction on that.

Im hoping to head to WA, were a couple of uni friends are living, and get a job on the railways as a structures inspector or project engineer.

Im crossing my fingers it all goes well.

Greggy

Hi folks,

I'm pleased to say that I lodged last night. Been genuinely looking forward to the chance of posting on one of these threads.

I received the invertation to apply on the 22nd of January and lodged today, after completing my form 80, getting my empolyment proof together and copy of my new passport. As yet I haven't applied for my police check and medical, I'm waiting for instruction on that.

Im hoping to head to WA, were a couple of uni friends are living, and get a job on the railways as a structures inspector or project engineer.

Im crossing my fingers it all goes well.

Greggy

we uploaded our PCCs at application, rather than wait to be asked. we will be booking our medicals for the next couple of weeks. When you submit your application there is a link there to arrange your medicals. If you click that link then fill in the forms it will end up giving you something to print off to book and take to your medical.

hope that helps to speed things up for you.

Becky

Edited by Ozmaniac
Fixing quote

Hi all, following this thread, just sent in our appraisal yesterday to the emigration group. Don't think we will enough points and mayb need to do the IELTS exam. Time is against us though as my hubby turns 50 next year. We are following our daughter out there who has yet to start the process... Fingers crossed for us. Good luck everyone

I have seen that as well, just been on that spreadsheet and a lot of the December people have got theirs approved! It looks like it is down to just a 2 month wait at the moment. Feel like we should be having our medicals etc now but not wanting to seem too over eager! We are not planning to move out till the end of September due to work and holiday commitments, but it would be nice to know we have it as soon as possible! And the wait is definitely an anxious one!!

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to add to the thread... we had our invitation to apply on Thursday 12th Feb, and then our Emigration agency submitted our documents on the 17th Feb. So now is just the wait! We have not booked our medicals or Police Checks as yet, waiting to be instructed on this one I think! We are going to the Gold Coast, Queensland on a 189 skilled visa, my husband is a engineer!! Looking forward to seeing how this goes!! xxx

Hi LindsG

I'm pretty sure you have to sort your medical and police check out yourself, theres no correspondence until thats all completed. I thought I'd wait and then was instructed by others to book the medical and police check. It's a fairly simple process, police check took about a week and I uploaded the document. I booked a medical on the wednesday and had it next day, you have to contact the private hospital and book it yourself.

However, I have done this process as an individual and haven't used a visa agent.

Hope this helps

Grant

Hi LindsG

I'm pretty sure you have to sort your medical and police check out yourself, theres no correspondence until thats all completed. I thought I'd wait and then was instructed by others to book the medical and police check. It's a fairly simple process, police check took about a week and I uploaded the document. I booked a medical on the wednesday and had it next day, you have to contact the private hospital and book it yourself.

However, I have done this process as an individual and haven't used a visa agent.

Hope this helps

Grant

Thanks Grant,

Yeah I think I will give our visa agent a nudge and get these medicals booked and Police check done, I think they just like to put them off a bit, as this is the one thing with a expiry date.

Does anyone know whether as part of the Medicals they look at your Medical records from Doctors? Or is just an in person test?

Thanks Again x

Hi Everyone,

Have finally lodged our 189 application 5 minutes ago (12.55am)! woohoo! Didn't realise I would need to do more on the application form and thought I would just need to pay today after our offer to apply.

Next step - printing off medical forms and starting to upload documents next week I think :-)

Deep breaths.....

Have finally lodged our 189 application 5 minutes ago (12.55am)! woohoo! Didn't realise I would need to do more on the application form and thought I would just need to pay today after our offer to apply.

Next step - printing off medical forms and starting to upload documents next week I think :-)

Deep breaths.....

Just to add - rather pleased with the exchange rate at the moment - saved about £500 on the cost of the visa from what we were expecting to pay :-)

Hi All,

I am adding my timeline too to this thread as I have applied on Feb 13 (its a Friday--- ooops) like couple of others. I must say the plan to move to oz came out of the blue and no plans on which state we will be moving to (if granted :wink:). So actively looking up the fellow member's posts.

my Mrs lived 3 years of her last 10 years in another country and the PCC from there may take a while to get it.

----------------------------------

ACS- 236111 : 28 Nov 14; +ve results: 15 Dec 14 | EOI logged 1 Feb 15 | Applied 13 Feb | Medical 04 March 15 | PCC awaiting

Hi I have applied my application on 17of feb medical , police checks all done but not sure about form 80 where do we really upload form 80.One more question how long usually take to finalise the application of 189n visa .

Thanks

Hi Sahar,

from my research form 80 only needs to be submitted if the case worker requested it, and not many poms are been asked for it. (Although I have seen a few).

I also have seen many people ask about the processing time , and its a little silly question really (sorry nothing personal- just a general personal opinion). I understand the wait is a painful one and you are not alone. I am in the same boat and I always visit forums to check things out. it depends on various factors and the place you are applying from.

it looks like they are processing it in 2-3 months and post your time lines here buddy.

All the very best